GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Island Dealers

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
It might cost more for the MK7 because I think 5.5-6 quarts are needed. If it's anywhere close to $20 though it'll be worth it. Thanks for the info :D

LukeGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
My mk6 GTI was stage 2 and they did not care at all. I'm still stock on my R but that won't last much longer.

Ok good. I'll keep Atlantic in mind.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Looking for a dealer to do warranty work. Any new recommendations?

jtitocci

Ready to race!
Looking for a dealer to do warranty work. Any new recommendations?

I personally have had pretty good success with Platinum VW in Hicksville. (I believe they are under new management, the woman who was running the place, a few years back doesn't appear to be there?) - Specifically, my Service Manager Steven Fox has been really good. Only issues I've had with them on any of the past 3 vehicles, is their techs SUCK at doing interior trim pieces, so if your going in there for something that may need them removed, make note, take pictures. They will fix their mistakes, and even replace with new, but its still a headache. All other warranty work has been really good.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
That's what scares me with the dealers. It's the infamous sunroof creaking that has plagued the MK7 platform.

I know it's a seal issue since if i tilt it open or open the sunroof the noise disappears but alot of techs dont troubleshoot in the right sequence and they jump the gun and start disassembling the entire headliner.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
That's what scares me with the dealers. It's the infamous sunroof creaking that has plagued the MK7 platform.

I know it's a seal issue since if i tilt it open or open the sunroof the noise disappears but alot of techs dont troubleshoot in the right sequence and they jump the gun and start disassembling the entire headliner.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have the same problem with my sunroof making noise when its closed after it had been opened. The seal needs to be lubricated to make the noise go away. I use gummi pflege (https://tinyurl.com/y7q28hv4) every 3-4 months on all of my door seals and the sunroof seal. If you wanna go above and beyond you can get Krytox (https://tinyurl.com/y7tz6na2) which is expensive but it will last much longer than the gummi stuff. Dont waste your time going to the dealership with this, unless you like wasting your time.

BTW VW of Huntington is a great dealership. Awesome prices and their service is great.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Thank you LI_GTI_GUY, i appreciate you taking the time to reply in such detail. I was reading about the seal lubes in the sunroof threads that i came across. I'll take your advice and lube it myself.

I still need to go in for the MIB2 firmware update to fix the random glitches and freezing. But at least its only a matter of inserting an SD card. If only they posted that stuff online and we were able to update it ourselves.

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
Thank you LI_GTI_GUY, i appreciate you taking the time to reply in such detail. I was reading about the seal lubes in the sunroof threads that i came across. I'll take your advice and lube it myself.

I still need to go in for the MIB2 firmware update to fix the random glitches and freezing. But at least its only a matter of inserting an SD card. If only they posted that stuff online and we were able to update it ourselves.

No problemo :)

I agree about making the door / sunroof seal issues more common knowledge to the average VW / Audi owner. I think it should be in the owners manual or part of the maintenance schedule considering how many VW and Audis have the same issues with noises coming from the seals.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
You made me realize that all these years of being thorough with my vehicle's maintenance that I have been neglecting the door seal, sunroof seal/track maintenance. I'm ordering some of that gummi fledge stuff a.s.a.p. Thanks again

bennybmn

Ready to race!
I may have to get some too. Where on the island are you guys? Holbrook here. We should have a lube party! Wait that sounded bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Lmao, that was pretty funny, bennybmn

_dvorak

Ready to race!
Had my car serviced by Platinum VW in Levittown for the 10k service. Thought they were going to hassle me for having a muffler delete, but when I went to pick the car up they said that the car sounded great. Even washed the outside and vacuumed the inside for me.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Thanks for chiming in _dvorak, i had purchased my mk6 GLi from platinum VW. They were great sales wise but never had experience with they're service dept