GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Avin USA 8” Unit

inc55

Go Kart Champion
SOLD

Up for sale is a great option for those who want a bigger screen and some nice added perks. The Avin USA unit uses your OEM headunit which is in your glove box. When you long press the media button it then switches over to Avin's User Interface which has an OEM look to it and it have greats colors and resolution in this mode. In the Avin UI you can mirror your iPhone with the included HDMI Cable and iPhone HDMI to lightning adapter and Lightning extension cable. The special keys for removing the headunit are included as well as a wire routing snake tool which I wish I had when installing this unit. I suffered a great deal without it. Everything is functional and in excellent condition. No scratches on the screen. You can watch movies while your drive (I don't recommend this) by inserting a micro SD card into the hidden slot. I was very happy with this unit especially the price tag. You get the unit with matching trim and all these expensive hdmi cables and adapters and the life saving routing tool for $400 Shipped! Price drop $300 Shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Carplay? Doesn't it only do mirrorlink?

I actually have the full Enfig setup that I'm sure you're aware of. Any interest in a trade?

I upgraded to the Mib2 unit which supports Apple CarPlay. I spent $2300 on that upgrade.

What is enfig?

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
I upgraded to the Mib2 unit which supports Apple CarPlay. I spent $2300 on that upgrade.

What is enfig?

My bad. I misunderstood and thought you were saying that the AVIN unit had Carplay. Also, enfig was mentioned in your review post and I then again assumed once again!

Enfig is a distributor of a dash kit that is made for the MK7. It allows you to install an aftermarket headunit, while retaining the OEM menu, steering wheel controls etc. I currently have a Pioneer headunit installed with Carplay and Android Auto!