GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Have your suspension blocks been removed ?

smgti15

Passed Driver's Ed
are these also in the back or only the front? I want to make sure they are all gone.

smgti15

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for the information....I guess I'm good to go now. So angry!

vw671

Autocross Newbie
So I just discovered that after I got VWR springs installed I was getting a clunking noise when going over bumps on the front driver side. I took it to a regular mechanic fearing with the springs installed I'd get warrantee issues with the car anyway at VW. He discovered a puck on each side that had not been removed. He interpreted this as a plastic strut stopper and thought that it might be best to replace with a rubber stopper....I suggested the possibility of these being the suspensions blocks and he said driving the car would be terrible with them still in. I feel I got away with for so long (20,000) because I only have one on either side instead of 3. What bullshit. I want to deal with vw...I bought my car as a CPO car and it still didn't have the stoppers removed. Do you guys think I have anything else to worry about. Clunking noise is gone for now, do I need any type of strut stoppers?

Off topic...you really should get a better mechanic.:confused: There are factory foam bump stop located on the top of the strut just under the strut mount.

Last edited:

smgti15

Passed Driver's Ed
Off topic...you really should get a better mechanic.:confused: There are factory foam bump stop located on the top of the strut just under the strut mount.

In his defense....He was just quickly trying to give me an idea of what could be wrong and I don't think he took very many pieces actually off the car. It was like a quick inspection...should he might have been thrown off once he saw the blocks...you still think its a stupid mistake if it was just a quick put it on the lift and give it a visual inspection?

SailorJack

Bumping an older thread but this is still a problem. Picked up my new 2017 GTI and after 2000 miles I noticed the front end was still a lil high and very firm, easily bottoming over expansion joints and smaller sharp edged bumps. Checked the front struts and sure enough, 3 pucks on each side. I emailed the dealer of this but they haven't replied. I guess its not important to them.

ODD

Passed Driver's Ed
When I bought my 2017 in August, there was a pile of info on the front seat. One was a yellow warning sticker warning the dealer to make sure the blocks were removed prior to delivery. Funny they could remove this sticker but not look at what it said. I drove for a week before I put two and two together.

kri$han1

Passed Driver's Ed
WOW never heard of this before, and I've only noticed a clunk in the rear of the car over some bumps, but I'm putting my winter tires on this Sunday so I will have a look.

Thanks golfmk7 users!