GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Damage with physical jerk/snap when gear engages?

tringo007

Passed Driver's Ed
With Auto start/stop, car takes a few seconds to restart. To minimize wait to drivers I tend to rev engine while restarting so car starts off immediately which can result in a sharp physical jerk/snap as gear engages.

Same for reversing, Reverse takes a few seconds to engage and I'm sometimes in a rush.

Can this damage anything and should I be paranoid at ensuring this doesn't happen? Concerned I already caused some damage:(.

Regards....

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Are you sure it isn't the auto hold not disengaging quick enough? Mine has been disabled for a few years but remembered it is not the quickest when wanting to pull off quickly.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
You could firstly try turning off the Stop/Start when you get in the car so you don’t need to rev the engine in the circumstances you describe.

Then see if there is an issue or not with Autohold not releasing.

tringo007

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, seems like there is a delay which does not happen all the time when coming out of auto start or after shifting into reverse that can result in a physical jerk / snap when gear engages. Carried to dealer and could not reproduce it and gear changed immediately. Will continue to monitor.