GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
^ interesting about the 5-6 gear change. I tested earlier on DSG via the mode button and noticed a slight differences then. Today I set the adaptation and notice the 'timed delay' from a dead stop is gone and that's a welcome change. I don't notice a throttle input change though. Just speculating, it may be it's only felt during clutch engagement and really has to do with the 'direct threshold' aspect.

I only noticed the immediate engagement from a dead stop as well. DSG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
I may have to eat my words on this one. Either that, or the Kool Aid was too good to deny.

My car does feel different now. The shifts on the DSG in D seem to be somewhat normal now, as opposed to the normal "shift before you're ready" feeling. With light throttle, it will hold each gear slightly longer, which feels much better. Especiaaly the 5-6 gear change. It used to go into 6th just over 40 mph under light acceleration. Now it will hold off till about 46 mph. It also downshifts with very little input when going up a slight grade at lower rpm. It used to feel like you had to give it 3/4 throttle to get it to downshift up a slight grade.

So not sure what to think now. I'll have to change back to stock again to see if I'm imagining this, or if it's just the cool weather affect. But it sure does feel like the throttle mapping is tighter - almost like the feeling of a sprint booster.

Makes no sense....
Have to eat my words too. Finally had the chance to do good back to back tests.
Thought it was only quicker DSG engagement of 1st, but I think the throttle is more "direct" with the adaptation. In my case, holding steady at 50mph in 6th made the pedal more sensitive, to the point I thought something on the intake came loose. Once I set it back to "incremental", it was mellow at cruising speeds again. I agree with your comment, MadMen, the setting seems to allow 5th to hold longer when reaching cruise speeds.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
It's been wet everyday. Noticed 1st jerks more, I don't really prefer it. Changed it back. No point in trying to log in rain

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
It stands to reason, but I seem to be noticing worse MPG with this tweak. Averaging 24mpg on my most recent tank of e30 with very little WOT. Was getting closer to 25.5/26 before.

MadMen

Ready to race!
It stands to reason, but I seem to be noticing worse MPG with this tweak. Averaging 24mpg on my most recent tank of e30 with very little WOT. Was getting closer to 25.5/26 before.

I noticed a fairly significant drop in mpg also. I first suspected maybe the JB4, so set it to map 0. Still lower mpg. I'll try setting this back to normal next, to see if there's a difference.

It's more obvious on highway mileage. On a 1 hour highway drive up I40, I averaged about 27-28mpg. Much lower than the usual 32+ I get on highway.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I noticed a fairly significant drop in mpg also. I first suspected maybe the JB4, so set it to map 0. Still lower mpg. I'll try setting this back to normal next, to see if there's a difference.

It's more obvious on highway mileage. On a 1 hour highway drive up I40, I averaged about 27-28mpg. Much lower than the usual 32+ I get on highway.

Weird considering you are just cruising in 6th. I attributed it to the smoother 0-50 going from stop light to stop light, but I don't know why highway mpg would be any different unless there is traffic and you are doing more 50-75 acceleration after getting slowed down. I'll switch it back too and see if it's any better.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
I've also had bad mileage since doing this adaptation. I do a lot of low speed town driving.
I defiantly feels more responsive on lower throttle input, but I'm considering to change it back to the stock setting.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Weird considering you are just cruising in 6th. I attributed it to the smoother 0-50 going from stop light to stop light, but I don't know why highway mpg would be any different unless there is traffic and you are doing more 50-75 acceleration after getting slowed down. I'll switch it back too and see if it's any better.

Nope. Traffic free at 6am on Saturday. I too could see why city driving would change, but I'm baffled by the Hwy mileage. I just set it back to normal, so I'll see if it starts showing higher mileage again.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
I just rolled back the change. In higher gears, I found the car jerky as you get off/on the throttle in traffic. Seems smoother back to original.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Seems like deflating excitement going on here, lol. I'll say this, probably will use the mode button and DSG S to D from time to time but not as a permanent setting.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I still really like how it feels, and have had none of the jerky feeling others have mentioned, just curious about the MPG. I'll go through two full tanks of 93 pump to eliminate the ethanol variable and figure it out, but even if MPG is worse if it keeps me from lugging I'll use it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Pretty unimpressive mileage on e30 with very little heavy throttle. Will take me about two weeks to figure out if this was the difference maker though.

https://imgur.com/a/bhbRM

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

typeone

Ready to race!
I still really like how it feels, and have had none of the jerky feeling others have mentioned, just curious about the MPG. I'll go through two full tanks of 93 pump to eliminate the ethanol variable and figure it out, but even if MPG is worse if it keeps me from lugging I'll use it.

i'm also experiencing worse MPG with this tweak but i love the way the car feels. smooth, responsive power with no jerkiness at all. fueling between shifts has definitely improved. also, while cruising on the highway i can roll on power from lower RPM than usual and have the car respond immediately with smooth acceleration. dig it.

6MT with NPM in +7psi setting.