GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best tyres for GTD

But these advantages in dry conditions you will only have benefit of if you track your
car. And a GTD is probably a car that is not tracked that often. So the better allround
tire seems to be the PS4 (if we can trust the tests). Or am I wrong?

If we talked about a sometimes tracked R I would definitely say PSS.
You're very most probably right. :D PSS is still fine on public roads though
when steering feel is more important to you than ultimate wet traction. :)

I recently replaced all 4 tyres with Michelin 225/40 R18 (92) W PILOT SPORT 4 XL. Much better than the OEM tyres.
.... which use to be Bridgestone S-001 in Europe.

I have absolutely no doubt on what you're saying. ;)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
You're very most probably right. :D PSS is still fine on public roads though
when steering feel is more important to you than ultimate wet traction. :)
I am completely with you, man. :) As you saw above I recommended the
PSS very much. For me the ultimate sporty summer tire to get. But maybe
not for all drivers.

Philboy

Hi i do 1200 miles a week have tried all the expensive tyres but uniroyal rainsport3 is an amazing tyre wet or dry will do 18000 on front and 30000 on the rear

StevoM81

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK8 GTI
My GTD came with Goodyear on it but once they are worn out am getting PS4 had them on my previous car. Amazing tires in the wet and living in Northern Ireland we need them as its never done raining lol

Hi i do 1200 miles a week have tried all the expensive tyres but uniroyal rainsport3 is an amazing tyre wet or dry will do 18000 on front and 30000 on the rear
Why don't you swap them frequently front and rear? >> 24 kmls both front and rear.

StevoM81

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK8 GTI
Just order a full set of Michelin PS4 (92Y 225/40) for my Golf GTD getting them fitted on the 18th July. Used black circles and including fitting it was £394, Michelin is doing £40 of when buying 4 of blackcircles. Great price IMO

Mike.B

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 3's here.

Superb tyres.

100% Agree.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric are the best tyres wet or dry that I ever had and are what I will be having on when the tyres I have are ready for replacing.

Mickyp1989

finally got rid of the loud, horrible bridgestones on wednesday and now have goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 3. Love how much quieter they are and the grip is so much better!!!

LFTMON

Ready to race!
finally got rid of the loud, horrible bridgestones on wednesday and now have goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 3. Love how much quieter they are and the grip is so much better!!!

Best tyre! I have them too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk