GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory Service Manual

dv0dv0

Does anyone know if there is a hardcopy similar to the Bentley Service Manual? I just purchased a '17 mk7 and I feel naked without my Bentley manual!

EDIT: This is what I'm talking about: http://www.bentleypublishers.com/vo...on/vw-rabbit-gti-2006-2009-repair-manual.html

Maybe it takes time to produce one for a new series? Maybe they wait until the series is concluded? Last update I see is from 2016 for the BMW 4 series '14-'16 so they've done some recent stuff...

Last edited:

GTIJames707

Passed Driver's Ed
maybe i'm not looking hard enough but I have been unable to find a wiring diagram in any of these different files. I'm trying to find an ecu pin out and ground locations. anyone know where I could find such information? sorry for bringing this one back from the dead

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
How up-to-date are the files, and was an hour enough time to print them all to PDF?
I did erWin this week. Used the VIN search. Did not see an hourly option. Paid $35 for the day and downloaded everything under maintenance and repair. IMO it's a bargain.

Pyzon

Ready to race!
PM Sent-cheers.

rahtx

Go Kart Newbie
I realize this is an old thread but does anyone know anything about "Maintenance booklet 36.1"? I see reference to this peppered throughout the guides but don't see it included in the Dropbox.

I am also looking for this booklet. No luck. Would appreciate a PM if anyone has a copy!

does anyone have this? Looking for Booklet 36.1

Maintenance ; Booklet 36.1 ; Procedure Descriptions; Brake and Clutch System, Changing Brake Fluid .

I'm looking for this as well.

Add me to the list -- also looking for the "Maintenance Booklet 36.1". Any updates/leads on this?

maybe i'm not looking hard enough but I have been unable to find a wiring diagram in any of these different files.

I just got the erwin 24hr subscription today and downloaded everything I thought might be useful. It includes a "Maintenance" document and "Wiring Diagrams and Component Locations".

On the maintenance one, I don't know where this "36.1" refers to, but it has a section called "Brake and Clutch System, Changing Brake Fluid" (as well as other things like oil change, spark plugs, adjusting headlights, etc.), so I'm pretty sure it's the one you guys are looking for.

It's a zip file over 350MB, just FYI in case you are on mobile data or something:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sw7num4cj38jehs/2017 VW Golf GTI Manuals.zip?dl=0

If you just want the Maintenance and Wiring Diagrams files without having to download the whole zip, they are available here:

jimboski10

Ready to race!
Anyone know which of the manuals might contain all the different codes from the OBDII....I have a few codes, can’t find what they mean on google.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Anyone know which of the manuals might contain all the different codes from the OBDII....I have a few codes, can’t find what they mean on google.

I forgot to mention, but a good scanner will translate the factory code into the proper P,C, or U code which often makes finding out what it is easier.

jimboski10

Ready to race!
Thanks...I got the Carista for the value play. On a tight budget....any scanner you might recommend that is cost effective, easy to use and understand? (I am not super car technical)