GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hit and Run

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
So insurance is telling me the lady I hit is on her own. My car will be repaired but I have to pay my $1,000 deductible. WTF, how is that fair or even reasonable to me? I hate insurance scum.

I am definitely going to discuss a diminished value claim. I feel like my car is now tainted when I try to sell it and car fax. No win deal for anyone except the douche that drove off.

It's her car it's her insurance company's problem not you or yours. Her company will probably sue yours for damages since you're at fault for hitting her car. Doesn't matter that you were pushed in as in their eyes you should have left enough space. Not saying right or wrong just how they deal with rear-end collisions, person behind is at fault. Even if the guy stuck around chances are his company would pay for your damages and his own, and yours would pay for the lady's. Him leaving screwed you out of your deductible though.

In any case...since the guy drove off, you can't get his insurance to cover your deductible (since he's not in the picture) and her insurance definitely wouldn't cover it, and they won't just eat it

So in their eyes, it looks like you hit her & you're at fault regardless (and that's what her insurance company will say)....even if you truly aren't

I'm not saying it's right...but that other guy fleeing screwed you

That's how my insurance company would treat it. They have a book that says who's at fault and who pays what based on the accident, and it's pretty hard to get them to deviate from that policy.

I was in an accident where i was changing lanes and a scammer purposely hit my car. I was already 95% percent in the new lane, but because i wasn't 100% in the new lane when the accident occurred, i was deemed at fault. Sucked but learned an important lesson. Doesn't matter what actually happened it only matters what you can proof. If the other person is willing to make shit up not much you can do. Got a dash cam soon after.

Buguyed

Ready to race!
Wanted to update this post...

Total repair costs are just under $16k and I’m hoping to get the car this week.

Buguyed

Ready to race!
Ya for real! All ACC and backup sensors broken, front bumper, mounts, radiator mounts broken.

In the rear, bumper, rear lift gate, and the subfloor under the subwoofer spare tire spot was crumpled. All parts had to be ordered from VW in Germany since car is still new enough. I was shocked to see the cost after seeing the damage. The impact was loud as F tho, so I knew there would be some damage. Oh well, hope she’s back to new now!

Buguyed

Ready to race!
Picked up my car tonight. Going from a dodge caravan rental car back to my R, it felt like I was driving a F1 car. So amazing, glad to be back.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Picked up my car tonight. Going from a dodge caravan rental car back to my R, it felt like I was driving a F1 car. So amazing, glad to be back.

Must feel great to have your baby back. I had a guy spin me out and put me into a hwy median in my mk6 R. The guy took off and even though I had a witness that caught his plate, I had a nightmare dealing with my insurance company. I'm glad it worked out for you.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Looks good. Happy with the work? Paint match etc?

Buguyed

Ready to race!
Yep I think the job was well done. I’m happy with the work the shop did and the paint appears to match very well.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Yep I think the job was well done. I’m happy with the work the shop did and the paint appears to match very well.

Nice!!! I know the oryx white, or any white diamond or pearl white 3 stage paint can be a giant pia to match, seems like ya found a good painter or he just got damn lucky lol

Buguyed

Ready to race!
Nice!!! I know the oryx white, or any white diamond or pearl white 3 stage paint can be a giant pia to match, seems like ya found a good painter or he just got damn lucky lol

Funny, the shop fought with the insurance company for 3 days on letting them have quadruple the paint match time as is usual. Increased the job by like $1500. They said the same thing about the triple stage.

I took it to a Porsche, Audi, VW authorized shop here in town that was very professional and has had great reviews. I think they did amazing work and has lifetime warranty.