GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 7 R20 Replica HID Headlights

pantsos

Ready to race!
When I had the same problem, it was a weak battery which caused enaught voltage drop during startup to kill the bulb

It’s been a few days that I have changed the lasttyp to 3-xenon and the problem went away.
So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrrogers1

Can someone post pictures of these lights but without HID kit, with H7 halogen bulbs ?

I can't recall ever seeing anyone NOT upgrade to at least the Hylux HID kits. If my buddy was asking my opinion on "what to do" I'd tell him to get the housings and save to get the HID kits THEN install. After using with the Morimoto 5500 it bugs me to drive cars with halogen lights anymore. They aren't bright enough (throw is short) and the yellow color is terrible.

arucied

I just installed new bulbs with my Eds reps because my old ones went out (from Deautokey) and now my headlights are pointing down. I've been searching the forums and found that their should be a manual adjustment plastic hex that takes a 7mm allen key but can't find it on my Eds.

Does any one have any advice? Also have an ODB11 if necessary.

pantsos

Ready to race!
I just installed new bulbs with my Eds reps because my old ones went out (from Deautokey) and now my headlights are pointing down. I've been searching the forums and found that their should be a manual adjustment plastic hex that takes a 7mm allen key but can't find it on my Eds.

Does any one have any advice? Also have an ODB11 if necessary.

You had HID bulbs and you did replace them with HID again?

arucied

You had HID bulbs and you did replace them with HID again?

I bought my Eds reps through another user with HIDs (don't know the brand) in them and they went out after 2+ years. And yes, I replaced them with HIDs but now the lights are pointing downward.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
It doesn’t make any sense. Are you sure that you’ve installed the bulbs the right way?

Take a look at this:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8564

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is highly likely, the bulbs are not in straight, the bulbs must in the right position, eg, the metal wire along the HID bulb needs to be at the 6 o'clock position, and level, or the beam pattern will be off.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
March 13th Update

We are getting very low on the Golf R Headlights, we have 4 sets still here at $480 per set, after they will be $520 a set until we can get more in 7-8 weeks.

The GTI headlights are shipping from overseas and are $520 per set.

We decided to stop selling the Morimoto HID kits, for a number of different reasons, instead we are selling the Hylux HID kits which perform really well, and have a very good reliability.

If you still want to get the Morimoto kit, you can order direct from www.theretrofitsource.com at the same price that I was charging.

mira_alex

Not sure if it has been covered, so I do apoligize if it has but can you run LED headlight bulbs with these headlights? If so, which one do you recommend? How is fitment? Thanks!

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
March 13th Update

We are getting very low on the Golf R Headlights, we have 4 sets still here at $480 per set, after they will be $520 a set until we can get more in 7-8 weeks.

The GTI headlights are shipping from overseas and are $520 per set.

We decided to stop selling the Morimoto HID kits, for a number of different reasons, instead we are selling the Hylux HID kits which perform really well, and have a very good reliability.

If you still want to get the Morimoto kit, you can order direct from www.theretrofitsource.com at the same price that I was charging.
Website is showing $630 for me and not $480. Did I miss something?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk