GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

c3rolling

Passed Driver's Ed
CTS intake with a K&N filter and added some automotive weather trim. Trim works well, I can see that it seals with the under hood cover from the indents left on it. Still have to drill some holes in the front trim pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_0844 (1).JPG
    IMG_0844 (1).JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 1,266

Slick99

Ready to race!
Saw this on mk7 Gti FB page but can't seem to find on their website.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

jcarl126

Ready to race!
Saw this on mk7 Gti FB page but can't seem to find on their website.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yea i saw this, too, and instantly went to see if i could find it hahah thats one hell of a filter!! I wonder if they make a dry filter version...

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Diego s filho

CTS intake with a K&N filter and added some automotive weather trim. Trim works well, I can see that it seals with the under hood cover from the indents left on it. Still have to drill some holes in the front trim pieces.

Is this intake good? Did you notice performance gain? Do you pull air or cold air too?

LastDragon

Ready to race!
Would you guys rather do stock intake with Blow off valve adapter, or CTS open air intake with stock DV (no BOV)..... this is hard for me. I need the noises one way or the other. Would power be better with stock intake? Help a guy make a decisionnn.....

tknj99

Ready to race!
Would you guys rather do stock intake with Blow off valve adapter, or CTS open air intake with stock DV (no BOV)..... this is hard for me. I need the noises one way or the other. Would power be better with stock intake? Help a guy make a decisionnn.....

I think you can save some money by just cutting open the plastic plenum thats closed on the drivers side, installing an AFE panel filter, removing snow grate and then doing the grate mod as well on drivers side. i did all except the gate mod and hear the intake more with better throttle response than stock

Martin398

Ready to race!
had the stock air box modified with a GFB diverter valve, and while you gain some induction noise it's very minimal and not that aggressive whoosh some people look for.
I put the stock diverter valve back as IMO it functions better with the design of the ecu.
if you want the big turbo noises in our little turbos you need an open intake, or a decent closed system that uses a cone filter. the panel filters are nice, but just don't give you that big sound, if that's what you're after.

never had a blow of valve as I prefer the recirculating so I can't comment there.

LastDragon

Ready to race!
But, but, but, if you HAD to choose out of those 2 options, which would you choose lol. I have both the cts, and BOV adapter in a box, and I'm looking for some help on this. :)