GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just bought my 1st VW. Here are the other cars I considered

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I could've sworn I was in the MK7 VS. sub-forum.

If we're splitting hairs it says "discuss MK7 versus other cars"

It's implied (by forumites) that the forum is for actual races and discussion there of. This is obviously an unwritten rule so it's not really kosher to get on people for posting other versions of MK7 "versus" other cars. Versus can also mean a simple comparison.

That being said, I agree this is better placed in general discussion, but it's not out of place based on the above.

Verichai

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome to the forums, and excellent choice! You will only love your car more and more.

Two rules around here:

1) PICS!1!1!1!

2) Post in the correct subforum, which this is not. Better off in the general discussions. Not saying it to be a dick, just saying it before someone who IS saying it to be a dick says it haha

Noted, thank you.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
If we're splitting hairs it says "discuss MK7 versus other cars"

It's implied (by forumites) that the forum is for actual races and discussion there of. This is obviously an unwritten rule so it's not really kosher to get on people for posting other versions of MK7 "versus" other cars. Versus can also mean a simple comparison.

That being said, I agree this is better placed in general discussion, but it's not out of place based on the above.
Give the guy a break. He just got overexcited, expecting to see a new vertically-oriented grainy-ass flip phone video taken south of the wall of the hoodless wonder aka the millennium falcon.

Ps. What the hell ever happened to vag*tech? Hibernating? Or did he not pass GO and not collect $200?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
This is my first post on this forum, as I recently purchased my first VW, a 2017 GTI Autobahn (6M PP Grey). I live in the midwest and already owned a weekend toy/ track car. I wanted something fun, comfortable, practical and loaded with features. These are the other cars I considered and test drove before deciding on the GTI:

Lexus IS350
Audi Q5
Acura RDX
Lexus CT200h
Porsche Cayman
Subaru WRX (2013 hatch)
Honda Civic SI
Focus RS
Golf R

Ultimately, I arrived at the GTI for it's perfect combination of quality, comfort, driving dynamics, practicality, fun, understated elegance, discretion, fit and finish, interior design/layout, and cost of ownership.

So far, I've been thrilled with the car.
Welcome. You seem like a smart guy. I am enjoying mine.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
So the most important question here that hasn't been asked: What's your weekend/track toy?