GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lime Rock

Whiteout007

Passed Driver's Ed

Anyone know what group this is? Saw it on reddit would love to join next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Misslauren82

Ready to race!

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
That was from a private event hosted by Prestige VW in Stamford, CT. They hosted two in 2017, that picture I believe is from the first one. I attended the second one and it was an amazing time.

Here is the dealer's Facebook page that has pictures from the event. https://www.facebook.com/PrestigeVWCT/

Where on Reddit did you find that? Can you post a link?

Tronix13

Ready to race!
From looking at the photos from that event, it looks like a lot of fun and very organized. I’ll be keeping my eye out to see if they run this event again.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
They never advertised the event publicly because it only had something like 20 slots and it was no charge to the customers. That’s one of the reasons I thought it was so great, for a VW dealer to give customers two free track days in one year. I live walking distance to the dealer and I didn’t even know about the first one (bought GTI elsewhere because that dealer didn’t have the combo I wanted). Then I got a Passat from them a few months later and magically I got an email invite to the second one. So they had my contact info the whole time (had GTI derived there too) but I did not get invited to the first one which I understand.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
I am probably too cynical because all I could think of when I saw this was dealer sponsored was not "how nice of the dealership to do this" but "hmm, wonder if they were looking for modded rides" lol... modding paranoia I guess.

But it does look amazing and I would love a track day at Lime Rock.

Tronix13

Ready to race!
I just want to get back to Lime Rock whether it’s for a track day or to watch a race. The entire area is beautiful.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I am probably too cynical because all I could think of when I saw this was dealer sponsored was not "how nice of the dealership to do this" but "hmm, wonder if they were looking for modded rides" lol... modding paranoia I guess.

Lol yes you are, I showed up modded, they loved it, asked me about the car. The salesmen, manager and people from the corporate group.

I took the car in for some work not long thereafter, I'll just say they make sure to take care of their customers in a prompt and professional manner.

They post a picture of my car nearly every week on their Instagram and sell APR at the dealership. I very highly recommend the dealer.

myke1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 SE DSG|19 STI WP
Sounds like a few people are willing to meet up this summer? I see groups meet there all the time during a spectator event or SCCA event (even if your not participating in the Track Day).

I go a few times a year- including the SCCA spectator day and in the Fall for historics (which is unbelievable). I try to go to the IMSA series race but i always have something going on that weekend.

http://limerock.com/scca The SCCA spectator event is amazing, definitely worth the $15. You can walk through the paddock and see all the amazing diehard track rats plus its like a car show in the parking lot.

It's a great drive through the mountains leading up to Limerock.

Tronix13

Ready to race!
I’m totally down for either an SCCA event or an IMSA. It would be a lot of fun to get some people together and cruise on over to Lime Rock, watch the race on the hill, walk through the paddock and see all the cars up close. There’s an IMSA event July 20th-21st. As of right now, I’m free for that weekend. Anyone else interested?

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
My wife and I try to get to the Pirelli, IMSA, and the Historics (our favorite) every year if we are free. As Myke mentioned, if anyone has not tried the historics it is well worth it. Saturday races and Sunday concours are the two best days. Incredible cars, sounds, people and history. The owners could not be nicer and are always willing to talk about their cars no matter how knowledgeable you may be on their marque. Car people are car people.

Tronix, if you are going to the IMSA event, we are planning on going July 21st if our schedule stays free, so please keep us in mind as things progress.

Also, if anyone tracks there, I'll be there June 27 &28 and October 8 with SCDA. White Golf R. Come say hi if you are going. Always way too few R's at track events.