GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Shortly after buying my 2016 GTI I disabled the start/stop by changing the start/stop voltage limit in the Can gateway controller, the originally stored values is 7.6 I changed it to 12.1 per a guide I found somewhere ....

all is well for 2 yrs ...

I have a car parked 6 of the 7 days of the week and the battery needed to be charged , while charging the battery in the GTI while driving it I was monitoring the voltage and was surprised to see the following:
Idle and coasting voltage was 13.8V
Accelerating voltage was 12.2V (why so low ?)
GTI battery voltage 11.9V (this is way low and I fear I'll need a new battery very soon)

What the hell? Checked my wife's car battery and it was a healthy 12.6V , why is the GTI charging at such a low voltage when pressing the accelerator ? After thinking a bit I remembered the change in the voltage for the start/stop, so I reset it back to 7.6V

Drove again after the change, the voltages in the GTI were:
Idle and coasting voltage was 14.8V
Accelerating voltage was 13.7V
GTI battery voltage 12.2V , I hope it keeps recovering and lasts a little longer with normal charging voltages

This is just my opinion and I can't understand why changing the start stop voltage limit will affect the charging voltage or if my car or battery have a problem, but the difference was very clear, so, if you changed the voltage limit to disable the start stop, it would be nice if you can check your battery voltage , with the engine off it should be above 12.5V

and in the mean time I'll keep pressing the button to disable the start stop
2 years is a pretty good life for a car battery in a climate like Mexico. In climates that see extreme heat or cold battery life may be short due to the extreme temperatures it may see. Again, while 3-5 years is average for a battery it will be shortened if it experiences extreme temperatures and/or frequent short trips battery life will be shorter than average.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Shortly after buying my 2016 GTI I disabled the start/stop by changing the start/stop voltage limit in the Can gateway controller, the originally stored values is 7.6 I changed it to 12.1 per a guide I found somewhere ....

all is well for 2 yrs ...

I have a car parked 6 of the 7 days of the week and the battery needed to be charged , while charging the battery in the GTI while driving it I was monitoring the voltage and was surprised to see the following:
Idle and coasting voltage was 13.8V
Accelerating voltage was 12.2V (why so low ?)
GTI battery voltage 11.9V (this is way low and I fear I'll need a new battery very soon)

What the hell? Checked my wife's car battery and it was a healthy 12.6V , why is the GTI charging at such a low voltage when pressing the accelerator ? After thinking a bit I remembered the change in the voltage for the start/stop, so I reset it back to 7.6V

Drove again after the change, the voltages in the GTI were:
Idle and coasting voltage was 14.8V
Accelerating voltage was 13.7V
GTI battery voltage 12.2V , I hope it keeps recovering and lasts a little longer with normal charging voltages

This is just my opinion and I can't understand why changing the start stop voltage limit will affect the charging voltage or if my car or battery have a problem, but the difference was very clear, so, if you changed the voltage limit to disable the start stop, it would be nice if you can check your battery voltage , with the engine off it should be above 12.5V

and in the mean time I'll keep pressing the button to disable the start stop

amgtorre: Hi. Without intending any offense, your concerns are ill founded. When you disabled the SS facility by changing the voltage setting - you altered an input to the decision making algorithm. You didn't change a setting for the alternator charging voltage. Before SS will turn-off the engine, the control module monitors the "system voltage" (this is a calculated variable - it is not the battery voltage) to check if there is sufficient capacity in the battery to turn-on the engine again. If there is insufficient "system voltage", SS will not turn-off the engine.

When you alter the SS voltage using the VCDS/OBD11 tweak, you are specifying the minimum system voltage (Again this in not battery voltage) that is acceptable before SS will switch-off the engine. If you raise the minimum threshold voltage to 12.1Volts, the SS control module will always believe that the battery has insufficient capacity. Noting in this setting changes the alternator charging voltage (which is determined by another calculation which takes into account stuff like temperature, battery age, battery voltage etc)

Don

K20

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if it's possible to code it so the interior lights turn on when turning off the ignition?

This happened in my mk7 GTD, but my mk7.5r doesn't do this. They only turn on when opening the doors..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone know if it's possible to code it so the interior lights turn on when turning off the ignition?

This happened in my mk7 GTD, but my mk7.5r doesn't do this. They only turn on when opening the doors..

This is my biggest pet peeve with my Mk7. Someone please figure this out!

koniu77

Passed Driver's Ed
I have 2017 gti and the interior lights come on when I turn off the ignition, been like that since new, I would take it to the dealer and tell them to program it because that's how they suppose to be from factory.

K20

Passed Driver's Ed
I have 2017 gti and the interior lights come on when I turn off the ignition, been like that since new, I would take it to the dealer and tell them to program it because that's how they suppose to be from factory.

Do you have Kessy or Non Kessy? It seems that for some bizzare reason, on the MK7.5's, Kessy means the interior lights dont come on when ignition is stopped.

My MK7 GTD has kessy though, and the lights came on. Its so annoying. Lots of other VAG forums report the same thing

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie

Only cars with KESSY seem to exhibit this behavior.

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello friends,

I need to release the rear EPB to replace the brake pads.

I found this step:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_VII_(5G/AU)_ABS_Brakes

But my VCDS 12.12 when I go to Start Lining Change Mode, I click Go! does not continue, says to put a value, I tried 0, 10, 20, 100 ... but none accept.

Am I doing something wrong? Is that the way you do it?

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hello friends,

I need to release the rear EPB to replace the brake pads.

I found this step:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_VII_(5G/AU)_ABS_Brakes

But my VCDS 12.12 when I go to Start Lining Change Mode, I click Go! does not continue, says to put a value, I tried 0, 10, 20, 100 ... but none accept.

Am I doing something wrong? Is that the way you do it?

rafa: My guess is that what you are doing wrong is that you are using a very early version of RT software - Ver 12.12. If you have a legitimate Ross Tech cable (I suspect not), update your software version (it's free). If you are using a pirate cable - DON'T SUPPORT IP THEFT!!

Don

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Don, i need to do some coding to my front lights. I misplaced your light table. Would you link it for me please? I really need to know which bulb is which. Also is there a way to make fog lights flash with turn signals? Maybe alternate flashes rather than flash at the same time.
Thank you!

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Don, i need to do some coding to my front lights. I misplaced your light table. Would you link it for me please? I really need to know which bulb is which. Also is there a way to make fog lights flash with turn signals? Maybe alternate flashes rather than flash at the same time.
Thank you!

Adrum: try the link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v1fu60xvru9sxq/Leuchte_List.pdf?dl=0

As for your counter blinking fog lights (is this legal in your part of the world?) - try this:

Left side fog light
Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion C 12 > Blinken links Hellphase
Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimming Direction CD 12 > minimize

Right side fog light
Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion C 13 > Blinken rechts Hellphase
(11)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimming Direction CD 13 > minimize

Don

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you Don. You are the master of the leuchte. Good point about legality. I'll look into it.

ryohei47

Ready to race!
Does anyone know how to change the brightness of the tail lights when running normally and also when braking? I'm not interested in doing Urban Joke or 4 brake lights, just increasing the brightness.

From what I've gathered, after going to 09 - Central Electronics > 16- 31347 > 10-Adaptations, here are the brightness settings for the 4 bulbs while running.
Outer left:
(14)-Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert EF 20 (28 default)
Outer right:
(14)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert EF 21 (28 default)
Inner (Left)
10 leuchte23sl hcl10 - dimmwert CD 23 0
Inner (Right)
10 leuchte24sl HRA65 - dimmwert CD 24 0

I think this is the setting to change the brightness of the tail lights when braking, can someone confirm?
Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert AB 20 100
Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert AB 21 100

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Does anyone know how to change the brightness of the tail lights when running normally and also when braking? I'm not interested in doing Urban Joke or 4 brake lights, just increasing the brightness.

From what I've gathered, after going to 09 - Central Electronics > 16- 31347 > 10-Adaptations, here are the brightness settings for the 4 bulbs while running.
Outer left:
(14)-Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert EF 20 (28 default)
Outer right:
(14)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert EF 21 (28 default)
Inner (Left)
10 leuchte23sl hcl10 - dimmwert CD 23 0
Inner (Right)
10 leuchte24sl HRA65 - dimmwert CD 24 0

I think this is the setting to change the brightness of the tail lights when braking, can someone confirm?
Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert AB 20 100
Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert AB 21 100

ryohei47: For NAR models (American mk7s), the factory standard Brake light command is programmed into

Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion A 20 (Left side) and Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion A 21 (right side).

This means that the two channels that you have identified (i.e. Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert AB 20 & Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert AB 21) are correct if you want to change the brightness - please note that the factory standard setting (i.e. 100) is the maximum brightness regardless of whether your lamps are incandescent, or LED.

Don