GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bird poo !!!!!!

Isaac

Passed Driver's Ed
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Didn't ever realize it was such a problem never ever really paid any attention to it. Always tried to keep my cars clean ,by trade been a cab driver so it has really been part of the job and once a week go to local hand car wash. Would normally do same for my golf just got a bit lazy massive piece of bird poo on bonnet sat there for a couple of weeks. Decided to go to hand car was which i normally use. It seems to have eaten away at the top layer of lacquer. Good thing it didn't take away any paint. just get really worried about bird poo getting splattered on the car. Who would have known the little pigeons are dropping weapons of destruction.:mad::mad::mad: Just be careful guys, sorry if anyone is offended by bad language:cool:

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Isaac, etching of the lacquer from bird poo can normally be corrected by machine polishing, using an appropriate combination of pad and polish.

I had similar ‘damage’ on my previous car (mk6 Golf), on two separate occasions. First, pigeon poo that happened and baked on hard in hot sunny weather etching the C pillar. It was on the car no more than an hour but caused a large area of etching in the lacquer. Second occasion, heavy etching caused by a leaky public car park roof, and the mix of water and dusty concrete etching into the lacquer on my car’s bonnet. It looked a complete mess as my car had been dripped on for a 3-4 hour period and normal washing wouldn’t remove the liquid concrete deposits! On both occasions, I managed to polish it out though with my machine polisher and a ‘medium’ grade cutting polish on a medium cut foam pad.

If you know someone in your area with a machine polisher, they should be able to sort it out for you quickly and easily.

Isaac

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys, i am gonna see if a body shop might be able to buff it out, my baby might need a trip down for a good touch up, a horrible scrape on back arch and a couple of scuffs i am hoping some sort of spirit can take the white paint of back arch haven't tried. wifey done it a few days back. :( Original colour midnight blue looks absolutley beautiful at night under the lights.

ChrisK

Ready to race!
Watch out for the windscreen too as it’s not just the paintwork?

Had a Seagull drop what I can say, was nothing less than a liquefied breeze block on my windscreen back in the summer on a hot day.

I was in a hurry at the time and just poured water over the concrete shight and wiped it away with a cloth and now when the sun catches that part of the screen I can see all the minute scratches it left behind.

Apart from that my paintwork on my 3 year old Golf is still pristine from giving it a couple of coats of hard wax twice a year.