GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Giulia?

SeanGunn007

It's a nice car, but if fit and finish is a hot button for you, you'll be disappointed. My GTI has higher quality materials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Really though maserati and Alfa were nothing in the u.s until fiat merged with Chrysler. If you don't know how a merger with Chrysler works, go ahead and research their relationship with mercedes. Wherever they got the engine trust me that's a dodge buddy =) lol

mercedes gls/dodge Durango chassis. Same with the charger srt and the e class amg. I'm sure someone who used to have a Ferrari namebadge is now working with fca, but 3/4 of a Ferrari engine isn't a Ferrari engine.

Lol just poking fun. Alfas are damn pretty. And even though old maserati gt2 doors were time bombs the new ones are awesome. If i had the money id buy one. Wouldn't replace my vw though and certainly not the giulia...

I've never driven any of them so I have 0 credibility but I do know how chrysler operates.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
kinda got a run in with my buddy with a giulia 2.0t. he started behind me and tried to pass me. i punched it and was consistently making the gap larger. I am jb4 with no other mods. i think stock the GTI would lose, but not by much.

MK7Knight

I actually work for Alfa Romeo/Fiat. A stock GTI will run with a Giulia with the 2.0 Turbo. A Stage 1 GTI would eat it for lunch. Golf R would certainly be faster. Handling-wise though, Giulia would out corner the GTI. Two totally different animals though. Giulia was made to compete with Audi A4, BMW 3 series, and Mercedes C class, as stated in a previous post.

The new Alfas are nothing like the Alfas of old as far as reliability and dealer support. Having sold about 40 of them, have not had any customer complaints as of yet. We did have to do a re-flash or two for some mysterious check engine lights, but that has been the exception, and not the rule.

The Giulia Quadrifoglio is in a whole different category. I would feel very confident that this car would take either a BMW or AMG C63. Drove all 3 on a closed course in New Orleans, and it wasn't even close with the Mercedes. BMW close, but no cigar, the Alfa just handled that much better.

Everyone should own an Alfa at least once in their life.... they are special cars.

(commercial over)

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Spoken like a true salesman =]
Giulian outhandle a gti? Hmm
On the subject of alfas new ownership, alll I have to say is Swatch.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I actually work for Alfa Romeo/Fiat. A stock GTI will run with a Giulia with the 2.0 Turbo. A Stage 1 GTI would eat it for lunch. Golf R would certainly be faster. Handling-wise though, Giulia would out corner the GTI.

guilia got 27.1 sec on motortrends figure 8 test where as the GTI got 25.1 sec. 2 whole seconds faster. its a heavier car, with a less maximum skidpad rating, and longer wheelbase. i highly doubt it will do better in corners.

MK7Knight

Depends on tires quite honestly. On Motortrend, what car/setup was tested? the summer performance tires on the Giulia, yes, it corners quite well. Go test drive one.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Depends on tires quite honestly. On Motortrend, what car/setup was tested? the summer performance tires on the Giulia, yes, it corners quite well. Go test drive one.

im not sure i just googled it quickly lol. im assuming theyre using whatever tires come stock with the car. but i would still put money on the GTI if they both using top end UHP tires. yea i know it corners well, my buddy has one

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
C&d shows it's slower from a roll than a gti, and has similar brake and skidpad numbers. Faster from a stop though. Weight i see some conflictimg numbers on.Their tests were done with the 1200$ lsd option

27k gti sport (15-17) sticker vs 39k sticker as tested

Oh and it's top speed is lower for some reason but it's faster than gti in a 1/4 mile.

Objectively it is pretty tho. I'm happy alfas still around don't get me wrong

Last edited:

MK7Knight

im not sure i just googled it quickly lol. im assuming theyre using whatever tires come stock with the car. but i would still put money on the GTI if they both using top end UHP tires. yea i know it corners well, my buddy has one

All things being equal, you take a GTI with the Performance Pack (more HP, better brakes, LSD), and ditch the Pirellis for better tires, then put it against the Giulia with Performance Option (Summer tires, LSD)... It would be an interesting day at the track. Too bad work wont let me go to a local SCCA day... lol

One thing is for certain with the Giulias. They could benefit from a tune. I don't think their target market is the "tuning" kind of people though. I don't know how long it takes for the aftermarket world to catch up, but I have not really seen much out there for Alfas, or the Fiat 124 for that matter. I'm sure it will happen. I have seen some monster tuned Fiat 500's that are just crazy for that light, short wheelbased car.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
All things being equal, you take a GTI with the Performance Pack (more HP, better brakes, LSD), and ditch the Pirellis for better tires, then put it against the Giulia with Performance Option (Summer tires, LSD)... It would be an interesting day at the track. Too bad work wont let me go to a local SCCA day... lol

One thing is for certain with the Giulias. They could benefit from a tune. I don't think their target market is the "tuning" kind of people though. I don't know how long it takes for the aftermarket world to catch up, but I have not really seen much out there for Alfas, or the Fiat 124 for that matter. I'm sure it will happen. I have seen some monster tuned Fiat 500's that are just crazy for that light, short wheelbased car.

Tbh the gti is gonna lose if im behind the wheel haha.

Oh yea a tune would be quite juicy on that car. Lol every turbo car nowadays makes me go “hm i wonder how much power can be squeezed out”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

racerxxx

Ready to race!
I've seen a few of the Giulias around me. I think my GTI S would eat them alive, stock. They're not spirited drivers, I'd be willing to say most owners will fall into that category. Near me it's more, "Look what I'm driving". So, feel free to eat them alive at every red light.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk