GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR tune is no joke... super impressed

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
thinking about switching to apr stage 1 when spring rolls around, from jb4. Ive heard apr power tapers off more than other tunes past 5k rpms, is that true/a big downside? their 1/4 timeslips suggests that doesnt matter lol

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
thinking about switching to apr stage 1 when spring rolls around, from jb4. Ive heard apr power tapers off more than other tunes past 5k rpms, is that true/a big downside? their 1/4 timeslips suggests that doesnt matter lol

Since the IS20 peters out after 5500 it's not an issue (as noted by good timeslips of people shifting correctly and not running it out past 6k).

mike.randall.566

Passed Driver's Ed
I couldn't believe the difference APR stage 1 was made as well, it's incredible. Added the TCU tune a few weeks back and that made a huge difference as well. Added a drop in filter and she makes a great sound now, disabled the soundactor with my obdeleven yesterday plus a few tweaks. Really really happy with the car now, might have to go for drive today, super warm here in Ohio, finally above freezing for once

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tknj99

Ready to race!

I had APR on my MK6 and it was an awesome upgrade from stock. I would like to hear of your experience from JB4, specifically how much of a difference it made.. 10%, 20%? please report back

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I ran Apr 93 octane everyday for over 35,000 miles and can say without a shadow of a doubt that it is hands down the best bang for buck flash tune that has ever been offered. On any car. And I've had a lot.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
The app plus tune is now the exact same as their stage 1 91 octane tune. So it's actually a good deal since you get a 3rd party warranty and can put apr bolt ons as well and still be covered. Kinda wish they had it nearby when I got my R.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
For real? I thought the stock DSG was good to a much higher HP than stage 1.

That's very unusual, the DSG should be good for stage 1 and more.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
That's very unusual, the DSG should be good for stage 1 and more.

APR recommends the TCU tune for stage 1 93 octane high torque because you are pushing close to 400 ft lbs of torque.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
APR recommends the TCU tune for stage 1 93 octane high torque because you are pushing close to 400 ft lbs of torque.

It's recommended not a must. Of course they are going to push their own tune. There are many more advantages to the DSG tune, other than the increased torque limits.

I think it's a great idea to have both, but you don't NEED the DSG tune for stage 1.

mike.randall.566

Passed Driver's Ed
Have both the ECU and TCU tune, the TCU tune is incredible, drives much much better then stock I'd almost be happy with just it if I had to choose between a APR ECU tune and the TCU tune

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Everyone I talk with has something different to say regarding the APR Stage 1 ECU tune vs the TCU tune. The verdict seems completely split on getting just ECU, TCU, or both tuned. Are there any definitive reports of MK7 DSG trans slipping with just APR's Stage 1 ECU tune?