GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI IS38 vs 400awhp STI

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
I came up on a new STI with a license plate of "SLO STI."

So we waited for some room and did 2 40 rolls. I jumped him both times and the beauty of DSG was that it allowed me to stay out ahead until 80+ while he was shifting slow imo.

I am on crappy 91 so my Adjustable tune is not super aggressive. But my car did exactly what i wanted it too. It showed I can have an error free car for the street to rip around in and put up a fight with faster cars.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
I talked to him after and that was what he claimed at least, he was a smug D***, he said it was built and the way it spooled, it was definitely a bigger turbo.

With all that said he has almost double into that car over me. *Guessing

Hoon

Autocross Champion
STIs have pretty terrible gearing for higher powered applications, so if he wasn't a driver he was probably losing a lot of time just shifting the thing.

My buddy's 35R STI is in 5th gear before the 1/8 mile, and it doesn't even trap 130 in the 1/4.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
STIs have pretty terrible gearing for higher powered applications, so if he wasn't a driver he was probably losing a lot of time just shifting the thing.

My buddy's 35R STI is in 5th gear before the 1/8 mile, and it doesn't even trap 130 in the 1/4.

Ah well good, I’m not a fan of them anyways lol that’s pretty crazy actually 5th in the 1/8

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Good kill. I'm putti by in my is38 in today, can't wait, there are a few subies around here I want after and a couple focus rs's

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m working on picking up a used is38 and installing it before the 31st so I can take advantage of APR’s sale. Should be a nice jump from stage 1 :cool: