GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Places to service your Golf R in the North of Chicago suburbs?

Misshe11

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I am sitting here with some regrets. I took my car to Libertyville VW to have it aligned and to get 2 wheels refinished after sliding into a curb a few weeks ago.

They told me "no problem 2-3 days". which seemed like a while to get a wheel and fix alignment but ok they gave me a horrible loaner (Jetta) to remind me not to hit curbs again. That seemed kind of them.

So now it is day 9 without my car. They are not returning my voicemail.

Last we spoke they sent the wheel out to be refinished and it came back the wrong color? And the other wheels "could not be fixed by that shop so we are sending it somewhere else" Which seems quite incompetent as they sent two wheels out so how do you get the color wrong?

Eventually they will have to give me my car back right?

Anyhow where SHOULD I have taken the car... Just need to know a place that has a much better "say-do" capability :).

Thanks much!

P.S. It is astonishing just how awful a base model Jetta is.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
FWIW, I have had many good experiences at Muller VW in Highland Park, both with my Mark VI GTI and my Mark VII R. Nothing bad yet. I haven't had anything major done, but if it is something that could take a while (for example, cleaning the intake valves on the GTI), they give me a loaner. Loaners are by their very nature bottom feeder cars, but twice they gave me a CC to drive and that was pretty nice.

Previous ownership at this store ran a pretty decent service department, since Muller bought the place they seem to have kicked it up a notch.

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
#1 - Take any wheels that need refinishing to Evan at Wellis Wheel Repair in West Chicago. They do a lot of high end stuff and do a fantastic job.

#2 - I travel from the suburbs to Fletcher Jones VW to get my car serviced by the dealer. If you need dealer service, I wouldn't go anywhere else. If you want a "mod friendly" dealer. Try Autobarn Mt Prospect or Fox Valley Schaumburg. Your mileage may vary with them.

gulshan

U missed an opportunity to get cool aftermarket wheels depending on how much you spending to refinish.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Misshe11

Passed Driver's Ed
U missed an opportunity to get cool aftermarket wheels depending on how much you spending to refinish.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

yeah I know, that was probably what I should have done. Car is back and in ok shape I think. Still annoyed that it took 9 days.