GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEUSPEED Power Module

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Love this car! Got 2017 Sport and added the Neuspeed box ran over a week 5psi and it was a blast my buddy dared me to go 7psi on 93 oct and after I tried to get as much info as possible I did it....it seems like just a little more but not the difference I felt from stock to 5psi/low setting....tonight I got some NOS Oct Boost will try it tomorrow see how it feels
But overall this is a great midlife crisis toy/time travel automobile that takes me back to what I wanted when I was 13/15/18....but as we all know this now has comparisons wise way more power and we can surprise folks with it and it is a blast to "just" drive!
Nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Love this car! Got 2017 Sport and added the Neuspeed box ran over a week 5psi and it was a blast my buddy dared me to go 7psi on 93 oct and after I tried to get as much info as possible I did it....it seems like just a little more but not the difference I felt from stock to 5psi/low setting....tonight I got some NOS Oct Boost will try it tomorrow see how it feels
But overall this is a great midlife crisis toy/time travel automobile that takes me back to what I wanted when I was 13/15/18....but as we all know this now has comparisons wise way more power and we can surprise folks with it and it is a blast to "just" drive!

Most over the counter boosters including NOS only raise octane 1-3 numbers. That plus 7 is for 100 octane or above. Really need a Torco or Octanium unless you want a lot of timing pull. FYI.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Most over the counter boosters including NOS only raise octane 1-3 numbers. That plus 7 is for 100 octane or above. Really need a Torco or Octanium unless you want a lot of timing pull. FYI.

Especially without being able to datalog and see what's going on. Blending e85 would probably allow it. I'm not sure how the timing and AFR look with the NPM though. On my 1.8 I'm at +8. Even a little above in some spots. That's with 3 gallons of e85 and 93 octane. I'm not NPM though

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
I was not hoping to make D like S, but make D a bit more drivable. It sounds like the power module will do this, and as a side benefit make S mode even more fun than it is already.

Ancillary question: Would a GFB DV+ be a good compliment to the power module, even if the DSG is supposed to be so slick and quick with shifting?

I know this is a 2 year old post but just wanted to say that it sounds like you need to get a DSG tune! I got the UM TCU stage 1 tune and the shift points on D mode are night and day better!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Bumping an old post.

Where are you guys mounting the module? I had it inbetween the battery and ECU. When I went to switch the boost level on the unit...it was so hot that I could barely hold onto it. I have my wires routed towards the front of the engine. Is there a better place to put the unit...that's not so hot?

This is where I have it now. Cool to the touch.

Last edited:

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
There is space between the battery and airbox. I just sandwich it between two pieces of black rubber foam.

mchladkins34

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a npm on my 2015 Jetta sport 1.8 and put about 40000+ miles on it with no problems. I bought a 2017 gti s and immediately bought the npm and the p flow cai for it. I’ve had nothing but trouble with the car since. On hot days when I step on the throttle it sounds like all the boost is dumping out and I have no power. When I go back to stock the car does it less but still isn’t running right. Please help. I’m taking it back to the dealer but I’m sure I’ll hear that nothing is wrong from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jamie007

Ready to race!
Hey man take it from me... Don't expect the car to run reliably with any add on device. I blew two turbo's on my 2017 GTI in less than a year...

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I had a npm on my 2015 Jetta sport 1.8 and put about 40000+ miles on it with no problems. I bought a 2017 gti s and immediately bought the npm and the p flow cai for it. I’ve had nothing but trouble with the car since. On hot days when I step on the throttle it sounds like all the boost is dumping out and I have no power. When I go back to stock the car does it less but still isn’t running right. Please help. I’m taking it back to the dealer but I’m sure I’ll hear that nothing is wrong from them.

It might be an issue with the car. The NPM could just be magnifying the issue.

I went to Vegas a few weeks ago. It was in the mid 90’s and had my AC on the entire time. No hiccups with the NPM, unlike he JB1.

If you have an OBDeleven...you can scan and see if there are any codes.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

Is dsg or manual? Also did you buy it used. Could be slipping clutch could have been turned already and a tune with the power module would not play nice. All just speculation with more info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Always list what fuel you are running? What boost setting? As stated above, try putting stock intake back on. Was car bought new?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Might you have a loose boost hose?
Had this on my Wife's turbo and the 1.6L engine in an SUV felt like a 1.6L engine. On hers i could hear the air leak. A smaller leak might be harder to find. I think dealer can do a pressure test.