GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance GTI Stage 1 Tune Cobb OTS vs. ProTune

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Changed to the silver plugs cars feels smoother but less torquey? Probably all in my head and just want more power now.

See anything in the log?

http://datazap.me/u/lobtfu/log-1490967490?log=0&data=1-11-15-18

This looks good actually, I'd like to see pulls start around 3k RPM for high load timing but this looks pretty clean.

You actually are overboosting a touch on gear shift but AFR is directly in line, fuel trims seem to be reeling back to keep it there.

This all could be fixed with a protune, but I'd say this looks fairly healthy for OTS.

http://datazap.me/u/lobtfu/log-1490967490?log=0&data=1-9-11-15-18-19-20-21-22-24-32-35

Lagger1

Ready to race!

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Wow, yours holds at 41psi the whole time. That definitely does not look right.

Sorry if this was resolved earlier. Man this thread is huge. I noticed my log numbers for boost were off the charts - obviously readings are skewed. Well, it appears that the sensor readout includes ambient/altitude. A standard correction might be -14.7, so 40 psi boost is actually 25.3 psi. I hope this helps. Sure makes more sense for my logs.

https://www.rx8club.com/series-i-tech-garage-22/altitude-effects-intake-boost-pressure-52371/

Navi

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't recommend it. I had knock all over the place. I had the 91 and 93 map from MAP lol. The only way I could run it was with the 91 map while running 93 octane. Went with a protune and it was much better.

For what it's worth, the MAP tune is better than the COBB tune as far as power delivery and knock. But still not that great overall.

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
I wouldn't recommend it. I had knock all over the place. I had the 91 and 93 map from MAP lol. The only way I could run it was with the 91 map while running 93 octane. Went with a protune and it was much better.

For what it's worth, the MAP tune is better than the COBB tune as far as power delivery and knock. But still not that great overall.

Okay that's what I've been hearing. Which protune did you go through?

ryohei47

Ready to race!

They came out with a new ACN91 tune for certain states like CA with low quality 91. I asked about performance compared to the existing MAPerformance Stage 1 tune since the chart looked very unimpressive but got a non-answer.

I think that would solve the issue of knock though.

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
They came out with a new ACN91 tune for certain states like CA with low quality 91. I asked about performance compared to the existing MAPerformance Stage 1 tune since the chart looked very unimpressive but got a non-answer.

I think that would solve the issue of knock though.

I've been hearing mixed reviews on the MAP tunes...

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Old or the ACN version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly don't know what "ACN version" means. Ha. That's why I'm asking around in all the threads because I haven't seen any new updates/dynos in any of the tune threads, not just from MAP but from a lot protuners.

I just saw, in some old threads again, that people were getting knocks and just disappointing numbers from MAP OTS tunes.