GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best spacers in ur opinion are ....

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys thinking of putting spacers. 10 mm rear and 3 mm front.

What brand is the best in terms of quality and reliability?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MKJIVE1

Passed Driver's Ed

My ECS flush kit is perfect. Make sure whatever spacers you get are hubcentric so the wheels center on them.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

I have 15mm and 20mm spacers from 42 Draft Designs that are very well made. They have wonderful customer service as well. Admittedly, I have not run any other brands, but have only heard anecdotally that the 42DD spacers are "higher quality" than the ECS, and they don't stand out as much, as they're not black.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
no issues with ECS. i think, unless you get ebay ones, you should be fine with most options from the major brands.

Tamer, you should mention you're not living in the US. ;)
As a consequence, ECS isn't your 'natural choice' but something sold
worldwide instead, like H&R or Eibach, which is what I'd go for (if I'd
do spacers, which I never will).

...none???
this^^ :)

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie

A bit of a band aid.

I prefer to order a wheel with the proper offset and use no spacer. Spacers are OK if the correct units are sourced. I used a spacer on my Spec Miata with no problems but will say spacers create more leverage on your bearings and bolts. Hubcentric spacers are worlds better than just a spacer sitting there. Remember it's the hub that should be used to locate your wheel, not your bolts.

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Tamer, you should mention you're not living in the US. ;)
As a consequence, ECS isn't your 'natural choice' but something sold
worldwide instead, like H&R or Eibach, which is what I'd go for (if I'd
do spacers, which I never will).

this^^ :)

I realized my mistake ??? still grateful to all responders. Yes H&R seem to be dominant here. I'm thinking twice b4 using them as I saw lots of negative reviews. Eibach is not available in stock but can easily get it.
May I ask why you would not use spacers?

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
My ECS flush kit is perfect. Make sure whatever spacers you get are hubcentric so the wheels center on them.
ECS not an option here in Dubai. May I ask what is meant by hubcentric? H&R and Eibach r hubcentric?

Chad1140

Passed Driver's Ed
So what is the most road friendly spacers for a stock golf R with 19"s?

I am a Soldier so I could be placed practically anywhere in the world, so what would be the size to get with no rubbing issues even with a full car?

Stock R wheels 8x19 ET50 + 5 mm spacers make resulting ET45 which is commonly
perceived as 'ideal' along with 235s.

bmwm5pwr

Ready to race!

A bit of a band aid.

I prefer to order a wheel with the proper offset and use no spacer. Spacers are OK if the correct units are sourced. I used a spacer on my Spec Miata with no problems but will say spacers create more leverage on your bearings and bolts. Hubcentric spacers are worlds better than just a spacer sitting there. Remember it's the hub that should be used to locate your wheel, not your bolts.

so how does the wheel with proper offset (ET41 for ex) create less leverage on bearing than the wheel with ET51 and 10mm hubcentric spacer added?

iainb

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking for spacers for my wife's MK7 R but she ditched the stock Cadiz wheels for the 18" Watkins Glens from her MK6 GTI.

From what I've gathered online the Watkins Glen wheels are 18x7.5 ET51 and my understanding is that the Cadiz wheels were 18x7.5 ET50.

I would think that they are close enough that the 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers would be fine. Or should I go narrower?