GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Tuning Website Updated

geebob

Ready to race!
Consensus is the stock location is the way to go if you want to do the install/pay someone to do it. The FMIC is very simple to install. Most of the work is simply removing the front bumper, which I have unfortunately had to do to take the headlamp out when the locking ring slipped off the housing swapping a bulb out.
Headlights used to be so easy :mad: Be sure to post a log with the MAP S1 and the IC. You're not stacking the JB4 are you?

Venumous

Ready to race!
Headlights used to be so easy :mad: Be sure to post a log with the MAP S1 and the IC. You're not stacking the JB4 are you?

I wasn't working with George on it but I got sick and the IATs were getting up there even in 40 degree F weather. May look into it again once the IC is on. I'm not really trying to blow up this turbo on my DD (though I do have a Honda Pilot as well I use for transporting the dog and fishing).

Perry01

Ready to race!
Consensus is the stock location is the way to go if you want to do the install/pay someone to do it. The FMIC is very simple to install. Most of the work is simply removing the front bumper, which I have unfortunately had to do to take the headlamp out when the locking ring slipped off the housing swapping a bulb out.

My first IC upgrade was a Golf R IC but it wasn't much of an upgrade (~20% better) it took around 2 1/2 hours in my garage but hopefully the IE intercooler I just ordered will take a little less time.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Posted this in our tuning thread, but wanted to chime in here. This is a great example of the tuning power of the Accessport, vs. VAGCOM which most of the tunes for these cars were developed on:

Porschetech1

Passed Driver's Ed
Kind of amazing to see ambient and IAT the same isn't it? I wonder if that will hold in the summer?

I am sure hoping it will. Had an issue once on a long drive about 800 miles or so pulled off the highway to stop but the rest stop was closed so I needed to merge back onto the highway. I have been doing about 75-80 ac on cruise on the normal for a long trip. This was also bone stock. So anyway went to pull back on the highway and I knew what the car can do but after 2nd she was done. Had no power left and almost got hit. I had always been upset that they put the intercooler behind the condenser. First chance I got out that baby where it belongs out front for the coldest air. I have seen a huge difference already before on my older pulls intake air was consistently 20 above ambient temp then would climb quickly. I am very pleased with the cts intercooler. Had a couple fitting issues there is a air guide between the intercooler and front of the condenser you have to trim up but it was plastic so it was easy just snipped it with some tin sheers. The also say remove the corner pieces in the front bumper I did but it looked kind of silly all open and most of the intercooler wouldn't interfere with the plastic so I trimmed it so I could get most of the plastic back in and it looks way better. Anyway enough with the rant can't wait for temps to get up and I get my BBS squared away to giver some tries in the summer time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsangelothoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting, i attempted to install the accessport today. And it sent it into recovery mode while I was away from the vehicle. I had it on a charger as mentioned by others. It is not in the "limbo" mode but I don't want anything to go wrong. This is my DD any advice guys? Am I okay to drive like a grandma. Thanks

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Interesting, i attempted to install the accessport today. And it sent it into recovery mode while I was away from the vehicle. I had it on a charger as mentioned by others. It is not in the "limbo" mode but I don't want anything to go wrong. This is my DD any advice guys? Am I okay to drive like a grandma. Thanks

My GTI is my only vehicle, and do 40 mile each way commute for work. The OST tunes are totally daily driver.

One user reported an issue with closing the door and leaving the vehicle while flashing, I myself sat in it with the door closed during the whole process. Here was my experience:
https://www.carworklog.com/2017/02/01/install-and-impressions-of-the-cobb-accessport-for-my-mk7-gti/

itsangelothoo

Passed Driver's Ed
My GTI is my only vehicle, and do 40 mile each way commute for work. The OST tunes are totally daily driver.

One user reported an issue with closing the door and leaving the vehicle while flashing, I myself sat in it with the door closed during the whole process. Here was my experience:
https://www.carworklog.com/2017/02/01/install-and-impressions-of-the-cobb-accessport-for-my-mk7-gti/

Nice man! Maybe I just had an unfortunate occurance. Like I said, I had to make sure it's still running, which it seem to be just fine (only drove it up to 3k Rpms). Sounds just like before . lol hopefully I can get the recovery code. And be okay to reflash.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Nice man! Maybe I just had an unfortunate occurance. Like I said, I had to make sure it's still running, which it seem to be just fine (only drove it up to 3k Rpms). Sounds just like before . lol hopefully I can get the recovery code. And be okay to reflash.

Yeah work with Cobb they will take care of you.