GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG ECO MODE Coasting not available

Alexbach

Hi guys,

I had a 2014 Germany made GTI with all the options available in Brazil (Called premium package) which I totaled 4 months ago and it use to had a coasting function whenever driving in eco modo and take the foot of the throttle.

I just bought a 2015 Mexican made GTI with all the options available in Brazil (also call premium package) and this new one do not do the coasting when driving in Eco mode.

VW Brazil stopped importing the GOLF from Germany as part of the process to start manufecturing it in the country.

Do you guys have any idea if I can enable it thru VCDS? What coding to use?

Main differences between Mexican and Germany GTIs:

Germany GTI:
- Auto-hold and Electronic parking brake;
- Multi-function camera on windshield (DLA - Dynamic Light Assist);
- Dynaudio stereo system with spare tire subwoofer.

Mexican GTIs:
- NO - Auto-hold and Electronic parking brake; Manual hand brake.
- NO - Multi-function camera on windshield (DLA - Dynamic Light Assist); FLA - Front light Assist, instead.
- NO - Dynaudio stereo system with spare tire subwoofer; Regular stereo system nothing special.

I appreciate any help guys, thanks much!

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Not sure what the coasting thing is all about as it does my nut in as you need to brake for even the smallest slope as the car gathers momentum.

Also It must use more fuel as it needs to be feeding the ticking over engine to keep it running where as when off throttle and in gear the fuel is cut completely as far as I am aware. You can change the settings for it so presume someone will supply a code for the VCDS setting.

Alexbach

your thought are right if you are in leveled straight line, but where I live there is a lot of hill, going in coasting on the away down helps as the the engine wont hold the car and it will drive it self for longer using its inertia until you need to accelerate again.

I hope its just about changing something with the VCDS.... lets see if anyone else has any idea.

Thanks

Afrobaron

Ready to race!
The coasting mode is basically like the DSG slipping into neutral, or a manual pressing the clutch pedal. I do agree it can help in letting the car maintain speed and pick up some in downhill drives. Many times on my drive to work I slip my DSG into neutral on a very long rolling downhill. It can boost my MPG for the drive to work by maybe 5.