GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC MQB DSG Flash Update

Connie@GIAC

Passed Driver's Ed
Updates are now available for the recently released GIAC performance DSG transmission software for the U.S. and international MQB Volkswagen, Audi, and SEAT models equipped with DQ250 transmissions. This update focuses on higher clamping pressure making the DSG work with higher power engine chips and reducing clutch wear and slippage. Shifting is more crisp in the lower rpm bands for smoother performance. The update will maximize power to the wheels and improves drivability compared to the current GIAC MQB DSG transmission software. GIAC continues to offer three versions ( level 0, 2, and 6 ) of DSG program, which differ only in the aggresiveness of drive-mode, to better suit the needs of our diverse customer pool. This update is free to all existing customers at all GIAC dealer locations. Pair your GIAC transmission calibrations for the MQB with GIAC engine software for an ideal 2.0T driving experience.

Last edited:

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Yeah first I've heard of this too. Would be great if GIAC had a cohesive marketing plan for its products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy1

The numbers obviously relate to how aggressive the DSG behaved in 'D' mode.

I've tried the 6 and found it to be closer to Sport mode, the 2 is a sporty drive mode which holds gears longer for more time in the power band on boost.

I'm currently on the 0 program of the new clamp pressure and its like the OEM shifting point but massively increased clamping pressure. its a much more positive shift with ZERO slip.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion

I've tried the 6 and found it to be closer to Sport mode, the 2 is a sporty drive mode which holds gears longer for more time in the power band on boost.

I'm currently on the 0 program of the new clamp pressure and its like the OEM shifting point but massively increased clamping pressure. its a much more positive shift with ZERO slip.
Thank you for the input; the numbers only affect drive mode? Do they change sport mode too?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Connie@GIAC

Passed Driver's Ed

Thank you for your explanation and review Sammy. Glad it's working out well for you!

Connie@GIAC

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for the input; the numbers only affect drive mode? Do they change sport mode too?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

This update only applies to drive mode and does not affect sport mode.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I recently had GIAC's DSG flash done and it's been great. It works as advertised.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Updates are now available for the recently released GIAC performance DSG transmission software for the U.S. and international MQB Volkswagen, Audi, and SEAT models equipped with DQ250 transmissions. This update focuses on higher clamping pressure making the DSG work with higher power engine chips and reducing clutch wear and slippage. Shifting is more crisp in the lower rpm bands for smoother performance. The update will maximize power to the wheels and improves drivability compared to the current GIAC MQB DSG transmission software. GIAC continues to offer three versions ( level 0, 2, and 6 ) of DSG program, which differ only in the aggresiveness of drive-mode, to better suit the needs of our diverse customer pool. This update is free to all existing customers at all GIAC dealer locations. Pair your GIAC transmission calibrations for the MQB with GIAC engine software for an ideal 2.0T driving experience.

Clamping hydraulic system pressure or clamping force?

What is the stock pressure or force?

What are the pressures or forces for the three options?

Connie@GIAC

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently had GIAC's DSG flash done and it's been great. It works as advertised.

Glad to know you're enjoying it!

Clamping hydraulic system pressure or clamping force?

What is the stock pressure or force?

What are the pressures or forces for the three options?

Overall clamping pressure/force.
It's about 3 more bar of pressure when the clutch is needed to hold. The pressures are not by options, it just depends on how you drive your car and when the car feels like it's needed.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
I'd hope it doesn't wait for slip before increasing pressure, otherwise it's basically going to be increasing wear all the time. Why wouldn't it just increase clamping pressure constantly is there a negative to that approach?

Or if the clamping is variable then I'd hope it is based upon calculated torque figures from the ECU based on boost levels so that it's engaging with increased torque prior to any slip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk