GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling all GTD owners!

St23

Hello everyone

The day has almost come as tomorrow I collect my new GTD from Volkswagen

As I will be overcome with excitement and will just be giggling with a stupid grin, is there anything I should be sensible and ask on handover??

I've heard about suspension blocks which sometimes aren't taken out so I'll look for that. Although I'm sure a main dealer wouldn't miss that.

If no advice, perhaps GTD owners out there can tell me what a good car I'm getting ;):D

I've never driven one (maybe a silly move but I know it's gonna be good - it's a Golf GTD ffs!)

I'm currently driving an mk5 GT TDI so am saving myself for the big day!

Aaagghhhhhh!! :D

Thanks
Sam

flc1962

Just picked mine up today, apart from the lack of a true handbrake it's typical vw, well made and a nice car to drive, I've been driving the other German mark B**, lots to figure out and play with.
Stalled it as its so quiet and the Bmw was an auto... Looking forward to getting the best out of it.

St23

Cheers man

What do you think of the performance?

It's about 3 seconds faster0-60 than my current golf and that feels fast

GC854

Ready to race!
The performance is a delight. Use the torque in 4th gear and it really pulls from around 55mph.. Effortless overtaking. Love it and I've had two of them

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Check how the servicing intervals has been setup. Both my GTD and the wifes polo were set to Longlife rather than annual. It depends how many miles you do a year but at least ask the question when pick it up.

Ahhh the blue cover, remember it well, I giggled like a school kid when they pulled it off when I got mine.

You're getting a car that is happy to creep round town AND be thrown around bends at ridiculous speed. Ive had mk5, 6 and 7 Golf and this one is the best by a long way, I absolutely love it.

Forum rules: pictures please

alan h

Ready to race!
enjoy theres not much i can fault about teh car tbh, if you have bridgestones on my fronts are being replaced this weekend at 11k! they still have a little tread but not much.

Chrisgtdred

I still love mine!

Attachments

• B45785C6-FC9D-4E57-8D0A-6C5A128A64CB.jpeg
    B45785C6-FC9D-4E57-8D0A-6C5A128A64CB.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 92
  • 90B5759B-A578-4A3F-A86D-A30F6D1552FE.jpeg
    90B5759B-A578-4A3F-A86D-A30F6D1552FE.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 97