GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 PP electrical failure cascade effect anyone?

mikel3113

It starts with a pothole or a small uneven pavement like a bridge section (once or twice happened on turns in parking lots with no bumps to speak of). "press brake" it says as my rpm go sky high as if i'm in neutral. Then I get a yellow "Electronic stability control(ESC) Error". Then comes the yellow ESP light. Now,(used to stop at the yellow errors) followed by a red "Transmission (DSG) Malfunction" combined with the red exclamation point with a triangle around it flashing. Finally top it off with a yellow "contact nearest authorized VW service center immediately". All while my car seems to be stuck in neutral to where shifting to park then back still doesn't engage any gears and I have to restart the car to get rolling again.

So, It's at the dealer now for the second time in 3 weeks because they couldn't figure it out last time, but last time I brought it in I had only the yellow errors from above, but now I have progressed to getting the red errors I spoke of above. Now they're taking me seriously and keeping it a few days to drive it around with a diagnostic computer plugged up to it.

ANY ideas, advice or similar experiences anyone has would be helpful. Thanks!

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
So I've had a damaged wheel speed sensor wire to cause a bunch of lights on my dash, ESC, ABS, Power steering, airbag, cruise doesn't work, Adaptive light...etc