GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New car collection checklist

Ds45

Hi all,
Collecting my new GTD on 1st March and been a long time since my last new car. Do you have any advice about anything I should ask/ ask to see/ anything I should check/ check it's been done, check that it is present and correct? I know I'll probably be very excited on the day (been counting down the days!) and don't want to overlook something.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

ismile

Ready to race!
I'm also collect March 1st and my checklist so far is:

Check car in and out for damage. Properly bend down and look at all panels. Check the interior thoroughly. Do this before signing for the car.

Check all my specified options are on the car.

Ask if PDI (pre-delivery inspection) has been done, even if they say yes, check for suspension pucks.

Check spare key

Check all paperwork is present and correct.

Check instructions manual and service book is in the car.

Check the spare wheel.

Not needed for 2016 Golfs but on older models check the MDI (Multi Device Interface) cable is present.

I'm sure there is more and I believe it's been discussed before, so have a search around on the forums :D

MkVIIGTD

I'm also collect March 1st and my checklist so far is:

Check car in and out for damage. Properly bend down and look at all panels. Check the interior thoroughly. Do this before signing for the car.

Check all my specified options are on the car.

Ask if PDI (pre-delivery inspection) has been done, even if they say yes, check for suspension pucks.

Check spare key

Check all paperwork is present and correct.

Check instructions manual and service book is in the car.

Check the spare wheel.

Not needed for 2016 Golfs but on older models check the MDI (Multi Device Interface) cable is present.

I'm sure there is more and I believe it's been discussed before, so have a search around on the forums :D

I'm sure when you say check all paperwork you include in that the service book but just in case not then.....

Check that you have your(the right one with your cars vin number) service book.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Hi all,
Collecting my new GTD on 1st March and been a long time since my last new car. Do you have any advice about anything I should ask/ ask to see/ anything I should check/ check it's been done, check that it is present and correct? I know I'll probably be very excited on the day (been counting down the days!) and don't want to overlook something.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Take your smartphone (if you have one) and ask them to set up the Car-Net services .

'Guide & Inform' standard with Discover Navigation.
'App-Connect' standard with Discover Pro or if you specified as a paid factory option or you can pay as a dealer upgrade on delivery if you think its useful for you.

baldybouncer

Check the body work over and over - take someone else to help check. I bought a brand new Touran a few years ago and when I got it home discovered it had the door repainted!!! it was a right mess... Due to the fact I bought the car (as brand new - chose the colour etc) over the phone and had not seen the car I was able to reject it under the distance selling act luckily - got another new car delivered as a replacement... But have read horror stories of new cars being repaired badly and people being stuck with them .

Just because they are a main dealer does not mean they pull fast ones like this!!!

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Great, all a big help thanks everyone.

How can you check for delivery pucks without jacking the car up?

Just look at the springs under the fenders. There shouldn’t be any plastic pucks around the springs. You don’t need to use a jack.

One more thing, after you first drive check the oil level after 5 minutes engine stop on hot engine and fill it up to the highest marking on the dipstick. I always do it to prevent wondering after 1000 km how much oil the car has consumed. You can’t know if it wasn’t filled up from delivery!

/Peter