GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R DSG Weirdness

Fahrenheit3881

Recently on a long road trip in 100+ degree weather I encountered some weird behavior with the DSG. Randomly the DSG will hold a gear longer than expected (in D, Normal mode) and the revs stay high (3000-4000 rpm) when I ease up on the throttle on level ground. Had the VW dealer in the city I was in check it out. No codes were found, test drive revealed no issues to them. Had them check twice more that day with no findings. Drive 6 hours and 400 miles back home without issue. Drove it to work and back all week without issue. Last night it did it again (only once) while driving around town. Drove it around some more today without issue. Shifting in manual mode is smooth.

This is my 3rd DSG car and this is the first time I have come across this issue. Has anyone experienced this or have any idea on the cause? Thinking about taking it back to VW this week to have them investigate.

The car only has 2700 miles on it and it's stressing me out.

Fahrenheit3881

Thanks for the link torlige! What they are describing is exactly what I was experiencing and I was even in the same city as them (Phoenix). It makes me wonder why it happened once yesterday though as where I live it isn't nearly as hot. I'll bring it up with my local VW dealer in the morning and see what they have heard.

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
Some of the comments on that thread are very immature. No surprise.

Yeah, unfortunately DSG hating trolls find it as an opportunity to crap on the transmission. Yay internet.

I stand by my point of view that I would like to know and understand the reasoning for the car being programmed the way that it is, because I'm sure they didn't do it just for fun. I think that's the more responsible approach than just demanding that they "fix" it and make it behave the way everyone initially expected it to.