GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REVO Stage 2 CEL

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
Hi all,
I'm running a catless dp with the "low boost" Revo stage 2 (For 95-98 octane fuel)
I've noticed when I put in rubbish fuel, the car runs fine and can hear the turbo spooling and pssting.
When I put in Shell VPower Nitro+ (Standard UK good stuff), the check engine light comes on and performance drops. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried REVO but they stonewalled me. Thinking of trying the higher boost map to see if that helps...
Any other suggestions would be appreciated

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Hi all,
I'm running a catless dp with the "low boost" Revo stage 2 (For 95-98 octane fuel)
I've noticed when I put in rubbish fuel, the car runs fine and can hear the turbo spooling and pssting.
When I put in Shell VPower Nitro+ (Standard UK good stuff), the check engine light comes on and performance drops. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried REVO but they stonewalled me. Thinking of trying the higher boost map to see if that helps...
Any other suggestions would be appreciated

You got to read the fault, its hard to guess.
Adding higher octane will give the car more timing if the tune is causing timing pull. This may cause it to shoot past the boost target and trigger the fault.
Is there a specific point that the light gets triggered or at random rpm?

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
Hi George thanks for the reply.
It's not a temporary thing, it comes on within a few miles of putting in the good fuel and stays on until you put the cheap stuff back in

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
From when you get into the car. Doesn't matter if popping to the shops or hooning it, CEL throughout.

You going to have to read the faults. If it was one tank of it might be a bad batch or possibly something in the fuel is not agreeing with what they have done for the catless downpipes in the software.

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
I was thinking it's some additive in the vpower. REVO said I'm the only one but was hoping someone on here's had the same.
Always use that fuel, so had the CEL solid for a couple of months.
I believe the higher boost stage 2 has different fuel requirements, so was wondering if anyone uses Vpower and with what software?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I was thinking it's some additive in the vpower. REVO said I'm the only one but was hoping someone on here's had the same.
Always use that fuel, so had the CEL solid for a couple of months.
I believe the higher boost stage 2 has different fuel requirements, so was wondering if anyone uses Vpower and with what software?

The Revo agent in South Africa is a close friend so I will ask him when they use octane boosters if it causes issues.