GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 3 BFI clutch review

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Glad to hear it's working out well for you. Mine's been great as well. I'm really thinking that it was an installation issue that caused the problems that the other guy had experienced.

Interesting. I never said mine was "golden". It had sticking issues from the moment I stomped on it well after 500 miles break in.

I find it interesting that you have no chatter at all. Even the stock clutch had light chatter. I never heard a car with an aftermarket clutch that was silent, especially with a lightweight flywheel.

My last update was I am standing by for competition clutches to get back to bfi since it's at their location now.

And yes google bfi clutch issues there is a lot of them and a lot of people complaining about customer service issues as well.

RichardB88

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting. I never said mine was "golden". It had sticking issues from the moment I stomped on it well after 500 miles break in.

I find it interesting that you have no chatter at all. Even the stock clutch had light chatter. I never heard a car with an aftermarket clutch that was silent, especially with a lightweight flywheel.

My last update was I am standing by for competition clutches to get back to bfi since it's at their location now.

And yes google bfi clutch issues there is a lot of them and a lot of people complaining about customer service issues as well.
Yeah, I said there was very slight chatter with the A.C. on. And I only hear it with the radio off and the window down. The air intake and turbo muff delete is the loudest thing on my car right now. That clutch is quiet, especially for a comp clutch. Also a lot of those BFI complaints are for unrelated issues, not the clutches. I've seen two complaints, and they've all been in VW forums.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RichardB88

Passed Driver's Ed
Clutch is still holding nicely, my car has cleared the 5k mark on the odometer finally, and I'm assuming as long as you don't drive like a dumb ass and needlessly thrash the tranny or car the clutch will last. I didn't make this thread to force my opinion on anyone, or to tell them they have to buy the clutch or anything like that. I simply made this thread because I like communicating experiences with products both good and bad, so others can get feedback on products they might also be interested in. Needless to say, I've gone off the beaten path for modding my gti, with the bfi clutch and the eurodyne tune, and the other random goodies I've installed. But hey, guess what? If you don't like my opinion, make your own thread. This thread is MY opinion on MY personal experiences with MY mods.

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Ha I'm on the same boat brother. Thanks for the review, was gonna but this but was offered Dkm at a great price. ED stage 2 ht, Dkm stage 2 clutch 40 miles from the 500 mi break in but this Comp clutch does chatter especially with ac on on idle. Don't really care cuz racecar. But a lot of people ask what's wrong with my car because if the chatter lol. I just blast the speakers and chatter is gone. Rated at 440tq haven't had any issues so far, dying to floor it -_-

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I said there was very slight chatter with the A.C. on. And I only hear it with the radio off and the window down. The air intake and turbo muff delete is the loudest thing on my car right now. That clutch is quiet, especially for a comp clutch. Also a lot of those BFI complaints are for unrelated issues, not the clutches. I've seen two complaints, and they've all been in VW forums.

The chatter was loud with the windows up and there was no ac on. Guess you got lucky.

RichardB88

Passed Driver's Ed
Following up here I know this thread is mostly dead but the clutch is doing damn well. Less than 5k on it so I can't say anything about long term stats. Chatter is audible with a.c. on now, otherwise still quiet. At least compared to the tractor sounds emanating from that stupid ass speaker under the hood that VW thought would compensate for the lack of auditory music coming from the engine naturally. I guess that's what happens when you have no turbo muffler and an APR air intake. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
Following up here I know this thread is mostly dead but the clutch is doing damn well. Less than 5k on it so I can't say anything about long term stats. Chatter is audible with a.c. on now, otherwise still quiet. At least compared to the tractor sounds emanating from that stupid ass speaker under the hood that VW thought would compensate for the lack of auditory music coming from the engine naturally. I guess that's what happens when you have no turbo muffler and an APR air intake. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
How’s this clutch holding up, just purchased and it will be installed in a couple weeks.