GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost tap options

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I don't see why anyone would go through the painful manifold process when you can tap it APR style in like 5 min

Seriously! Took me about 5 minutes to install my ECS tap, super easy!

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
What about the type that goes on top of the MAP sensor? Any advantages/disadvantages apart being reversible?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Figured I'd resurrect this thread from the dead instead of starting a new one. On my 2015 gti, I used the ecs puncture style boost tap. Quick, easy and almost painless, minus the fact I punched a hole in my plastic manifold with a hammer and a glorified nail. I now have an 2018 r with 4k miles. I just cant force myself to use this method on this one.

I found this one , however it states that it's not compatible with +2018 cars. Did they change the throttle Body on the mk7.5? Will this still work with my car?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Figured I'd resurrect this thread from the dead instead of starting a new one. On my 2015 gti, I used the ecs puncture style boost tap. Quick, easy and almost painless, minus the fact I punched a hole in my plastic manifold with a hammer and a glorified nail. I now have an 2018 r with 4k miles. I just cant force myself to use this method on this one.

I found this one , however it states that it's not compatible with +2018 cars. Did they change the throttle Body on the mk7.5? Will this still work with my car?
You'll get inaccurate readings with that one and the ones that act as a spacer between the MAP sensor and manifold.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I used the APR manifold boost tap when installing my P3 gauge. It's incredibly easy and from what I understand, it's the better option for getting accurate boost readings.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
To Be honest, the better half about flipped her lid when she seen me doing the gti. She has forbidden me to hit the new car with a hammer! Lmao. Nah, I'm just not ready to make that kind of permanent commitment ....

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'm definitely not doing the map sensor spacer. But I Havent seen any info on the throttle body spacer type. Has anyone used them?