GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stealthy is38 install

takemorepills

Ready to race!
[emoji38]

I mean the people that said it was a waste of time. I would like to compare it to a catted downpipe and a catless to see the difference though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what you are doing with your car, so far, is great. HOWEVER, you can't turn a GTI into a "sleeper" unless you A: swap a GolfR AWD drivetrain into it or B: run drag radials everywhere you go.
I mean, your original post is that you wanted to make your GTI a "sleeper", but many cars and many trucks will smoke any GTI on AS or summer tires in a 0-45 race just for the fact that FWD sucks, and over-powered FWD sucks even more. I mean, you're gonna need to takes races into far above the speed limit to really surprise anybody, and me personally that is something that I personally would prefer to not see done on public roads.
A GolfR made to look like a TSi would actually qualify as a sleeper as you could blow doors off without hitting too high a speed.

Don't get me wrong, seems everything you've done so far is beneficial to the overall performance of your GTI as you haven't begun to waste money on the "sleeper" part yet. I too would like to go IS38 next year, even though I am not a fan of FWD and I know its limitations, it's still a great car to mod and has lots of potential. But still gonna get beat by F-150s at the stoplights....

I think the other pessimists about your project disliked the crappy welds earlier, and I would agree with them.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
JB4 only, E30.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Dead :(

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Deer. I was literally 30 secs away from my parking spot at work.

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
Deer?? You sure that wasn't a moose?! Glad to see the windshield held up the way it did though.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Deer. I was literally 30 secs away from my parking spot at work.

So i assume the dyno day you were going to line up is off. Sorry about the accident brother.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Nah. I'm going to need to do it again if I can get an alltrack. Was thinking of doing it in the spring. You don't think it's too cold now to do it?

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Interested in the Pretorias.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
That’s awful. Very bummed for you.

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
wow, rip.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Jesus! :eek:
I'm sorry.
What did the deer do, leap and vive onto your windshield and hood?