GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Give me your thoughts on wheels

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Around how low? I’m gunna be putting on ED Springs - about 1.2” drop, and I’m
Thinking I’ll need to put 19x8.5

Would +35 make it poke out a bit more? Is that how it works ? I like stance to be aggressive

It's my fiance's car so it's not too low. Similar ride height to my friends vwr springs on his Gti.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I am having a hard time picking wheels for my reflex silver. I have two sets of flawless Austin's and want to sell one of them to get a pair of summer aftermarkets but silver is very hard to compliment. What do you guys think looks best specifically on the rs gtis?

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
I am having a hard time picking wheels for my reflex silver. I have two sets of flawless Austin's and want to sell one of them to get a pair of summer aftermarkets but silver is very hard to compliment. What do you guys think looks best specifically on the rs gtis?

Bronze or gun metal?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

titanium BBS :)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

I like the Hyper Black - don't let the name fool you, they aren't black Neuspeed RSe10 & RSe12 wheels on Reflex Silver.
I like gunmetal, as well.
Hyper Black looks like gunmetal.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Well, if you are asking opinions...
I hate black wheels.
I also dislike full black badges. Loses depth.

Agreed.

Also, BLQ are pretty heavy wheels. And 19s are very expensive as far as tires go.

Luckily it's your car, and as a true enthusiast I encourage you to mod to YOUR taste. The murdered out look still stands out, in it's own way

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
Agreed.

Also, BLQ are pretty heavy wheels. And 19s are very expensive as far as tires go.

Luckily it's your car, and as a true enthusiast I encourage you to mod to YOUR taste. The murdered out look still stands out, in it's own way

I'm thinking I'll go with 18s for a bit better performance as well as smoother ride. Would 19s make it much harsher?

Just trying to think if my 1.2" or so drop (ED Springs) will look fine w/ 18s

Can I get some more pics guys? So hard to decide.. almost everybody has RSe10/12's or VMRs

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
19s look really good on the Mk7. This one is a little lower than the black one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
Now I'm thinking this would be my #1 pick...

Thoughts? These are 18x9.5 et 35 , I would go 18x8.5 et 35 I think. Obviously not as low.

Really love these right now. Can't decide between black or silver... so maybe in between? Feel like it blends in just enough for the look I wanted to go for with black, but still stands out a bit.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
My thoughts on wheels:

Those BBS posted above are badass and would be my first choice, but too damn expensive. Otherwise, I want some grey or gunmetal wheels, MAYBE bronze but probably gunmetal. I want them 18x8 with 45 offset, and I want them to be hub centric. That leaves me with Neuspeed (RSE11 are my favorites) and VWR Cup edition. Unless someone knows other hub centric choices... Anyhoo - get the wheels that you want - don't jump on the first thing that seems like a good deal - just be patient and figure out what you want, then get it.

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
My thoughts on wheels:

Those BBS posted above are badass and would be my first choice, but too damn expensive. Otherwise, I want some grey or gunmetal wheels, MAYBE bronze but probably gunmetal. I want them 18x8 with 45 offset, and I want them to be hub centric. That leaves me with Neuspeed (RSE11 are my favorites) and VWR Cup edition. Unless someone knows other hub centric choices... Anyhoo - get the wheels that you want - don't jump on the first thing that seems like a good deal - just be patient and figure out what you want, then get it.

is ET 45 flush, while 35 is poked out a bit?

Tbh I dont know anything about "hubcentric" I'm so new to the scene lol.

Googled it and seems like lug centric are really bad. are rotiforms hub centric?

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
is ET 45 flush, while 35 is poked out a bit?

Tbh I dont know anything about "hubcentric" I'm so new to the scene lol.

Googled it and seems like lug centric are really bad. are rotiforms hub centric?

Most aftermarket rims require centering rings to mount the wheels and center them around the hub properly. I don't want to mess with them at all. A few people make exact hub centric wheels where no rings are required, those are the only two brands I know of.

ET45 isn't exactly flush but it's way better than stock. I am not the type to obsess over being perfectly flush, so someone else will need to answer that one.