GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Night Blue Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
You have a lot of nice pictures.
Good work.

What suspension mods do you have?
Wondered what it took to get a wheel of ground if modified.

I wish I took those pics...I had to buy those from a good photog at the events.

The car for the class it was prepped to is mostly stock. I have 2 way adjustable dampers on stock springs, and a H&R rear sway bar(26mm). Running BFG Rival S 1.5, 245/40/17 on 17x7.5 wheels

rlsedition

19 x 8.5 ET45 Rotiform KPS Wheels
245/35 19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires
BC Racing BR Series Coilovers set at 0 camber

Very very minimal rubbing, front and rear, only when going over large bumps and dips at speed. Dampening is set to 15 clicks from soft. Other than that, there are no rubbing issues. Will be rolling my fenders soon, and will be getting an alignment in a week, and setting the front camber negative a couple degrees. That will fix the minimal rubbing issues. When I didn’t have coilovers, and was on stock suspension, there was no rubbing.

Black wheels. Great when gloss black, especially with a bright exterior color. With a dark exterior, however, they tend to just disappear from view, like you have black steel wheels. Just my opinion - you already made your choice.

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Finally got around to properly cleaning mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
First day of snow.

2017 MK7 GTI 6spd

Mods:
BC Racing BR coilovers, Rotiform KPS 19x8.5 w/Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 245/35 19 tires all around, Eurodyne Stage 2 91oct file, custom downpipe, modified OEM intake, CTS Turbo inlet pipe, O34 Motorsport dog bone mount, Forge Motorsports short shifter bracket (highly recommended), Black Forest Industries weighted shift knob (highly recommended), ECS Tuning shifter bushings, rolled fenders.

Future mods:
Stage 3 clutch (undecided which brand yet), IS38 Turbo accompanied with Eurodyne Stage 2 IS38 software 91oct, RS7 spark plugs, maybe a CF wing [emoji848], and tint of course [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TCOne

Passed Driver's Ed
[/QUOTE]Coming soon Konig Rennform wheels (going down to 17" because the roads here in the American Outback leave a lot to be desired).[/QUOTE]

Ive got a night blue with the 17" konig hypergrams. The bumps and potholes are a little less jarring. No negative effects of downsizing to 17s as far as i can tell. More meat!!!

Good looking car. Cant wait to see it with rennforms.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I went up to Maine on Sunday to visit the folks. I-95 was completely white with salt. Now I've got a bit of a two-tone thing going for me, and it's too cold to wash it...

lokerola

Ready to race!
I went up to Maine on Sunday to visit the folks. I-95 was completely white with salt. Now I've got a bit of a two-tone thing going for me, and it's too cold to wash it...

Mine looks about the same. It's going to be SEVEN degrees tomorrow. It's going to be at least another week before this cold snap is over and I wash the car in balmy 40 degree weather.