GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 CSG GTI Sport - "Grey Poupon"

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I also bought another set of wheels. Konig Rennforms in 18x9 that are under 20lbs. Will likely be running these next year.

Like the VW logo on calipers.
Nice set up.
Light wheels are nice.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
How do you like the Unitronic DP?

-louder?
-noticeable gains?

Love it, the fit and quality of it was excellent. No issues at all with the install of it. It is certainly louder than stock, but not too bad. Coupled with the BB exhaust it doesn't drone and when I drive others around I'm still able to have a conversation in the car and it doesn't smell like catless. Did catless in my last car and I won't do that again, starts to cut back on overall practicality of the car for me.

With a proper tune you'll get some notable gains. I'm pretty happy with it all around, although it has a cat, it will throw a CEL. If it is in your budget you might want to try one of the DPs with a GESI cat or something that guarantees no CEL.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
BBK looks so good, how much better is the upgraded stopping power over stock?

Thanks, it is a night and day difference. The brakes have a better bite and slow the car much better, they also do not heat up and get spongy like the stock brakes. Don't get me wrong the PP brakes are more than adequate for normal driving but you start to feel their limits at the track. I'm very pleased with the upgrade and would recommend it to anyone that goes to a track or has the stock non-PP brakes.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
UPDATE: Started this year’s work early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Here are just some more random photos of the car over the last year.

Last edited:

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Those Rennforms look so much better in the light! They seem too dark for my taste in most pictures, but then I see this one and I'm changing my mind again. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Did you ever get your dyno results of before and after, or any dyno results?

Unfortunately I have not, the first session was cancelled and I'm waiting until I get an intercooler for my final dyno tune. Hoping to get that done in the coming months.

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed
Love your build Chris! Glad to see it's being tracked as well. Can't wait to start lapping this season.