GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.8T Eco-Performance Build

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
IS38 spools a bit later than IS20, but obviously carries more up top. The reduced displacement of the 1.8 motor may or may not exacerbate the increased spool time of the IS38, possinly making it less "DD-friendly," so that's a consideration. The day I get my Alltrack and start my R-Wagon conversion, I will certainly do the IS20 over the 38.

I think, as a daily driver, that IS20 makes more sense. But everyone has different motives/desires.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Car is currently at 35,000 miles and needs front brake pad replacement. The maintenance shops won’t replace the pads alone and say I have to replacement pads and rotors together. I ended up shopping online and found a new Stoptech St-41 Brake kit for $1,020 shipped so I decided to go that route.

The Stoptech St-41 brakes retain oem pedal feel and delivers much greater stopping power. The brakes are also less likely to have brakefade during spirited driving because of the larger caliper’s ability to dissipate heat.

I’m also happy to report the ST-41 Calipers fit underneath BBS LM wheels without the need for a spacer.