GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just witnessed an accident and caught it on camera. Invest in a Black Box Camera!

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I have a dashcam thats been sitting in my garage for months now that I never wired up, every time i see something like this, it makes me think maybe i need to get on that.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I have a Garmin 55 hard wired in the front for parking mode and my old Finevue in the rear on the 12v socket that has been returned to the switched ignition now.

I have had a cam since 2008 wouldn't be without at least a front camera now.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I don't follow.

They run the light, like 5 seconds after it's red, not really going that fast.

It's like they never even saw it.

Had no idea they were running the light, no brakes at all. Even after the crash they don't step on the brake, maybe it's a manual and it stalled. It's still weird that they never even try to avoid the collision.

And they're 100% at fault so I don't really see any benefit to having done that intentionally.

They run the light 5 seconds after it's red, but what i'm saying is that they also just left the gas station. Far edge of frame, you watch the lights come out of the station, turn on to the road accelerate into far left lane and not just roll through the stop light, but accelerate through it. Full intention to run light, not just "casual oh i was cruising and didn't notice it go red". I think you're misunderstanding intention as willingness to do it because of potential profit. I'm saying intention as in purposeful execution of their actions because they wanted to run the light.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
^

That makes more sense as in they intentionally run the light, misreading that the person is turning left directly into their path.

I'd still lean towards another explanation, but that makes more sense now, thanks for the reply.