GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Connected my OBDeleven for the first time yesterday and got a bunch of fault codes after scanning. On one of them, it said something like 44 fault codes. Is this normal? Should I clear/rescan or take it to the dealer to scan themselves? These were before my only change was made, turning off the soundaktor.

Codes include:

Engine
U112300 - Databus error value received
Intermittent

Brakes
B1168F2 - Steering angle sensor no initialization
Intermittent
C114602 - Tire pressure monitoring display Signal error
Intermittent
Intermittent

Steering Assistance
Intermittent

Information Control Unit
B129E07 - Display and control head 1 for information electronics mechanical malfunction
Intermittent

^^^^ All these error messages are "Intermittent" - check the "fault frequency' - if the value is low (1, or 2), then just clear all fault codes and re-poll the car. I suspect that some (all?) of the Trouble codes were there from new and your dealer didn't do the pre-delivery checks properly ( a common deficiency by dealers)

Don

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
^^^^ All these error messages are "Intermittent" - check the "fault frequency' - if the value is low (1, or 2), then just clear all fault codes and re-poll the car. I suspect that some (all?) of the Trouble codes were there from new and your dealer didn't do the pre-delivery checks properly ( a common deficiency by dealers)

Don

Thanks for the info.

Newb question: so its normal to get random faults like these from time to time and I should only worry about persistent ones?

I'm just worried about clearing a code, something going wrong, and then having the dealer ask me why I cleared the code in the first place. If that makes any sense lol

Lopez0101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Mk7 GTI
If you've ever disconnected your battery, that will cause the TPMS and steering angle codes. I think the databus error too.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the info.

Newb question: so its normal to get random faults like these from time to time and I should only worry about persistent ones?

I'm just worried about clearing a code, something going wrong, and then having the dealer ask me why I cleared the code in the first place. If that makes any sense lol

TheGrrekFreak:Ain't nothin' wrong with proceeding carefully with DTCs! Fact is that a large part of the "idle" time between doing real stuff, the control modules are polling sensors for errors, so it's not uncommon occasionally for an intermittent error to appear just a few times. Sure, the occurrence could imply deeper problems, but mainly these fault messages are aberrations.

As for your reluctance to clearing these faults in case the dealer gets cranky - most likely the dealer will do exactly the same - just clear the error and tell you to come back if the message appears again!! If you are concerned - print off the error message before it's cleared and give a copy to the dealer - I suspect the dealer will just throw the paper in the bin!

Don

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
TheGrrekFreak:Ain't nothin' wrong with proceeding carefully with DTCs! Fact is that a large part of the "idle" time between doing real stuff, the control modules are polling sensors for errors, so it's not uncommon occasionally for an intermittent error to appear just a few times. Sure, the occurrence could imply deeper problems, but mainly these fault messages are aberrations.

As for your reluctance to clearing these faults in case the dealer gets cranky - most likely the dealer will do exactly the same - just clear the error and tell you to come back if the message appears again!! If you are concerned - print off the error message before it's cleared and give a copy to the dealer - I suspect the dealer will just throw the paper in the bin!

Don

Thanks for the explanation Don, really appreciate it.

I'm pretty new to diagnosing/coding in general so still figuring out how everything works. I'm naturally distrusting towards dealers, especially after my experience with my own VW dealer, so always looking to avoid potential headaches even from something simple.

I'll clear them tonight and see if anything pops up within the next few days, although I doubt anything is actually wrong.

marcg611

Ready to race!
Connected my OBDeleven for the first time yesterday and got a bunch of fault codes after scanning. On one of them, it said something like 44 fault codes. Is this normal? Should I clear/rescan or take it to the dealer to scan themselves? These were before my only change was made, turning off the soundaktor.

Codes include:

Engine
U112300 - Databus error value received
Intermittent

Brakes
Intermittent
Intermittent
Intermittent

Steering Assistance
Intermittent

Information Control Unit
B129E07 - Display and control head 1 for information electronics mechanical malfunction
Intermittent
Yeah this is definately due to a battery disconnection, I left something on and battery died completely and had all these identical codes.

chris0055

Greetings:
Received my OBD11 and has perform the following mods:

1. Change instrument background to carbon fiber
2. Enable foglight with/as DRL
3. Enable DRL in the menu
4. Enable passenger Mirror Dip
5. Enable UrbanJoker v2
6. Enable remote close/open window
7. Enable heated seat memory
8. Display Fan level when AC in Auto setting

Still debating what else I can do with this thing (maybe):
a. Display refuel quantity [tried with app/credit, not working]
b. Enable automatic rain closing
c. Adjust Soundakor Level [I wonder if default is set to 100% or 50%]
e. Enable DRL as opposite phase signal light [ I'm not sure if this will damage the DRL or not]
f. Enable defog timer
g. Adjust corning fog light sensitivity
h. Activate Corning fog light

What else is worth a try and helpful? Thank you.

Raegar

Ready to race!
Those are probably the most common ones you just listed. I personally changed in addition ti most of those so I can lock the car with key fob when it's running.

As I have a 2017 and am not willing to part ways with a key to gain remote start, this is the next best thing. I turn on the car, lock it and leave til it's warm. Like I said, second best thing for those cold days

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R
Those are probably the most common ones you just listed. I personally changed in addition ti most of those so I can lock the car with key fob when it's running.

As I have a 2017 and am not willing to part ways with a key to gain remote start, this is the next best thing. I turn on the car, lock it and leave til it's warm. Like I said, second best thing for those cold days

You don't need to part with one of your existing keys, you can just buy another one [emoji12](I'm a remote start owner)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAZ3713

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

Can any 1 tell me how to deactivate the start/stop system using my OBD, what I don't like is when your driving or giving the car a good blow out [emoji23], and then you roll up to a set of traffic lights and the car switches itself off, this must not be doing the turbo any good I have a button to turn it off but I would like it off completely because I keep forgetting about it.

So sorry if this has been answered before.

Barry [emoji1303][emoji854]

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys,

Can any 1 tell me how to deactivate the start/stop system using my OBD, what I don't like is when your driving or giving the car a good blow out [emoji23], and then you roll up to a set of traffic lights and the car switches itself off, this must not be doing the turbo any good I have a button to turn it off but I would like it off completely because I keep forgetting about it.

So sorry if this has been answered before.

Barry [emoji1303][emoji854]

Barry: Short answer is yes, but you will get the "tell" on the dashboard each time that you stop: it's the letter "A" with a slash through the letter!

A much better way of deleting SS (IMO) is to build and install my Auto Start Stop Kill Switch, which I explain HERE

But if you want to use the software method, then try this:

1 Select Gateway (@ address hex19)
2. Select adaptation
3. Select Start/Stop start voltage limit
4. Change value to 12 (default value 7.6)

What this tweak does is to establish a new threshold voltage for the decision making process to engage SS. What happens is that when the car is stopped, the module checks to see if there is enough capacity in the battery to restart the car. If the module deems the battery not to have sufficient capacity, it won't shut down the engine. By lifting the setting in the adaption channel above, the module will never deem that the battery has sufficient capability to re-start the engine. The changed setting only affects the SS decision making process, but it will generate the "tell".

Don

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
you roll up to a set of traffic lights and the car switches itself off, this must not be doing the turbo any good

Don't worry about that the turbo is cooled continuously with the engine off anyway.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I'm trying to get my footwell lights retrofit to work, but can't get it perfect. I can get the setting to show up in the Car menu, but the lights wouldn't come on, and the brightness slider did nothing.
I used the following coding:
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/top...twell-lights-octy-iii/?page=2#comment-3792172

After some searching I found this post:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16813
Where o_a_ravi has some other changes that allowed me to finally get my footwell lights to come on with my dash lights.
But they still don't function like OEM, the Car menu doesn't work, and when I turn turn the car off the lights (DRLs, tails, footwells, and dash lights) start flashing 8 or so times before staying off. I feel like this has to do with my Chinese Autoswitch+ light sensor, but not sure.

Any ideas? Is getting the footwell lights to work like OEM a lost cause?

BAZ3713

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all

Does any 1 know if and how to do a forced regeneration with the obd and how do you check the soot level in the dpf filter.

Thanks barry.

TheeAdam

Ready to race!
Hey guys,
'17 GTI sport and was wondering if I would need the upgraded mirror modules in order to get "dip in reverse to work". Planning to upgrade to power folding mirrors soon and might as well get the modules while I'm at it if I need them.
Thanks in advance!