GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC IS38 GTI VS Hellcat

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Coming from a Fbo is38 swapped GTI, it's just hard to believe that you're pulling away from a supercharged v8 that produced 700hp/650tq at ininital hit. 35mph is such a low roll that there is no way he isn't spinning hard. The time before he starts blowing past is either from him being in the wrong gear, spinning, or both. Just look at how fast he passes you while you're at WOT, what was going on before that? Supercharger lag?

The Challenger could of had the traction control on the entire run.. prevent him from spinning 2nd/3rd, but still cutting that power when it's really needed. Who knows!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Saw the video last night and definitely a nice looking tune. I've been waiting for them to release their IS38 tune. What did it take to convince them to give you the beta file? Lol

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Your car is a beast my roommate and I were watching your videos last night. How noticeable is that torque limiter disable? How critical is it to your epic launches?

Thanks.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Saw the video last night and definitely a nice looking tune. I've been waiting for them to release their IS38 tune. What did it take to convince them to give you the beta file? Lol

Well I had to become a dealer for one, secondly as much as people claim they have had interest in doing it they never had a test car, so now I am the test mule and its going very well.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Well I had to become a dealer for one, secondly as much as people claim they have had interest in doing it they never had a test car, so now I am the test mule and its going very well.

Does GIAC have a race file coming out for the IS38? If I'm not mistaken the current race file for the IS20 allows people to safely use a E30/E40 or so mix?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

Really? I even offered it to them since I'm about 10 minutes from their HQ, but this was a few months ago so maybe something changed. Maybe I should hit them up again so they have another car that's local.

digilio86

Ready to race!
The cold is actually hurting power for me, ECU has protection in place to limit boost pressure when the temperature gets to be below 10c.

Okay you've peaked my interest. Is that a giac thing or our ecu ? I was going off purely the ole butt dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep, George in the JB4 thread has mentioned this too. Too cold seems to be counter productive. I've noticed this in some logs users were posting in really cold weather, but some seem to handle it better than others which could be due to the differences in boxes as VAG pointed out. I didn't know the revisions were to blame :)

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Yep, George in the JB4 thread has mentioned this too. Too cold seems to be counter productive. I've noticed this in some logs users were posting in really cold weather, but some seem to handle it better than others which could be due to the differences in boxes as VAG pointed out. I didn't know the revisions were to blame :)

The ecu has targets that it really holds on to. I'm guessing even with a flash tune, it will limit boost depending on the air. However, cold dense air makes more power. That is why it limits it. So even though you will see less boost, you might be making the same power or possibly more. I'm not sure how much is limited with the flash tune though as to where it will hurt it. The only way to really find out is by either doing comparative dyno runs on the same dyno, or track testing. VAG seems to really know what he is doing though. So if he says it is hurting performance, I'm sure it does.

GarabinS1

Ready to race!

Yup, we were adjusting map 6 settings after I installed my meth kit, I went to add +1 psi above 5500rpms, but due to it being 20* outside the logs only showed .3psi added with the ecu limiting boost.