GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'15 GTI vs '08 G8 GT (no vid)

Trev

Passed Driver's Ed
First off, sorry no vid, this was a random encounter with a guy from work, we ran 3 times though.

I have a jb1 at 5.0 91 oct and APR intake. The G8 as far as I know is stock.

1st race was from a 40 roll up to around 110 I consistently pulled on him and won by 2 maybe 3 cars.

2nd race was from a dig, I didn't set up the launch control properly so he got me on the dig and was ahead about a car length until I got into 3rd and I reeled him in and passed him around 80-90.

3rd race was from a dig again but this time I got the launch control correct, I got him out of the hole and I was spinning through 2nd and had him about a half car until I got into 3rd and got traction and I started pulling away again and won by a few car lengths.

I honestly expected to lose, he's got 361hp and 385tq and manual, those cars run mid to high 13's from what I've found online.

I'm pretty stoked about this lol

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Remember he's about 3900lbs to you 3100lbs or so :) I'm not surprised as I ran a 6.0 GTO when I had my JB1 and dp and pulled him with my wife in the car :) These cars are much more potent than you'd think!

Trev

Passed Driver's Ed
I am finding that out and it is extremely satisfying. This car keeps on surprising me

bpw

Ready to race!
I'm a Mustang guy at heart, I've have 13 foxbodies and 1 first gen. I've now had 3 gti's my 1st car was a 69 VW square back then a 66 bug. So I'm kinda mixed up over here... I gotta say it felt good to smoke my first Mustang in the GTI the dude in the stang was a combination of surprised upset and impressed. Honestly I was too minus the upset part lol. quick little cars these are. Mines all debadged and black so to the untrained eye it doesn't even look like much, then boom you got served. I love that.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Remember he's about 3900lbs to you 3100lbs or so :) I'm not surprised as I ran a 6.0 GTO when I had my JB1 and dp and pulled him with my wife in the car :) These cars are much more potent than you'd think!

Agreed. I weighed mine at 2940 at cat scales with about 1/2 tank less spare. These cars set up right with some high octane run really good from a roll. Congrats on kill OP.

Trev

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you ever run logs?? George does not suggest exceeding 4.8 on 91.

I've talked to George a few times, at 5.0 I'm fine, if I go higher I get issues unless I use a few gallons of e85 then it runs great

Trev

Passed Driver's Ed
So far my only losses are to a supercharged charger RT and a GTR R35 (didn't lose by nearly as much as I expected, guy gave me a thumbs up after 4 highway Mexico runs)

I've beat a full K20 Type R swapped ek hatch, BMW m5, modded Evo MR, STI wagon looking style, focus st, srt4, Lexus is350 f sport and 2 other cars that are owned by the gentleman that has the G8, his other vehicles I've beat were a 90's something Corvette and a later model Impala SS Lol

sangeseven

Ready to race!
So far my only losses are to a supercharged charger RT and a GTR R35 (didn't lose by nearly as much as I expected, guy gave me a thumbs up after 4 highway Mexico runs)

I've beat a full K20 Type R swapped ek hatch, BMW m5, modded Evo MR, STI wagon looking style, focus st, srt4, Lexus is350 f sport and 2 other cars that are owned by the gentleman that has the G8, his other vehicles I've beat were a 90's something Corvette and a later model Impala SS Lol
hmmmm BMW m5 ? What year? Those things got power.