GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 1.8 TSI Muffler Delete or aftermarket GTI Exhaust

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Hello I am after the Dual GTI looking exhaust for my 1.8tsi Golf. I am interested in AWE track edition GTI , Borla S type Exhaust for the GTI or a custom muffler delete from a mechanic. But i have no Idea on how a GTI aftermarket exhaust will sound on my 1.8TSI and if a muffler delete is loud enough but not obnoxious like a JDM Rice. I prefer t304 steel as the roads are salted here.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I build muffler deletes locally but should be ready to ship some soon. A muffler delete alone is perfect. If you plan to do a downpipe too it's a little on the loud side for most.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I build muffler deletes locally but should be ready to ship some soon. A muffler delete alone is perfect. If you plan to do a downpipe too it's a little on the loud side for most.
I'm looking to get a dual exhaust for my 1.8 as well similar to GTI. What would your muffler delete with chrome exhaust tips cost? Since 1.8 has smaller diameter piping, are you using the same size as stock pipes? Is it direct bolt-on? Looking forward to hear some info regarding your build. I did see your posts on GTI subforum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
There's already a thread on this with sound clips, pricing, etc. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15280&highlight=Muffler+delete

The issues is to build one for a 1.8T golf and know it'll fit properly id need the car. I have no way of knowing how similar the routing is to a gti. Once I built one local I could build a jig but there's so small of a market for the 1.8T other than just changing the size of the reducer to fit the 2.25" golf vs the 2.5" gti I couldn't justify it.

Gti dual muffler delete would be $440ish, $780-800ish for a full dual cat back. I've only built and fully priced out single exits so far.

Like I said before tho I haven't built a jig yet so locals only at this point other than the single muffler delete I currently have for sale.

I personally don't like duals on a four cylinder car, but that's just me. From a price stand point it's a ton of extra time and money building unnecessary duals.