GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to buy, GTI 2017 SE

ineedboostedmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an offer for $27k OTD with DAP, Roadside assistance package, rubber Mats and of course LP and PP which are standard - on 2017 GTI SE.

And a different offer from another dealer at $26.4K OTD with same as above, except DAP.

Is this a good offer? And which would you take and why?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Be careful. LP is not standard on SE.

Also, I would check what you paid thread to see if it's a good deal.

ineedboostedmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
My fault!

6MT, MSRP = $31,945.

APR lowest that the dealer gives is 1.99%
No trade-in.
Downpayment of $7000.

I went to the thread but I couldn't find anything helpful.

yo_marc

Ready to race!
I am no expert, but I think its a pretty fair price.

I think it can be a little stressful comparing prices on forums like this; I feel like you'll always find someone that 'got it cheaper'. Gotta weigh that against how much time and effort you wanna put into it.

You may have already been on it, but I think Truecar is rather handy for this stuff too.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ok, so 26.4k OTD-1.1k tax=~25.3k negotiated price.

MSRP=let's say $32k to make it easy.

32k-25.3k=6,700 off.

With 1.9% APR that is very good (lowest they give....but I bet this turns into "You can't get that APR on this deal"). Take it and run if you can.

If you want DAP then the other is the same price. That's up to you.

ineedboostedmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the tips guys!

And yeah, they probably will try to make it up by raising the APR.

I'm looking to finance with whoever can give me a good APR. Probably won't be the dealer but hoping for the best.

MilesToEmpty

Ready to race!
Got my 17 SE DSG with Lighting Package for $26400 and 29k OTD. I live in MD and bought in VA. Just remember in VA you have the county taxes and what not. My coworker who lived in Ashburn had to pay close to 1k in county tax AFTER buying his 31k car. He was not happy lol.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Got my 17 SE DSG with Lighting Package for $26400 and 29k OTD. I live in MD and bought in VA. Just remember in VA you have the county taxes and what not. My coworker who lived in Ashburn had to pay close to 1k in county tax AFTER buying his 31k car. He was not happy lol.

Car taxes are 8.75% where I live. I pay $1k in taxes too....on a $12,000 car. :(

wantone

Ready to race!
Thanks for the tips guys!

And yeah, they probably will try to make it up by raising the APR.

I'm looking to finance with whoever can give me a good APR. Probably won't be the dealer but hoping for the best.

I didn't see an answer whether or not your price includes Loyalty Rebate of $1000?