GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to PNW

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi folks, I'll be moving to Seattle area in June and looking to buy a GTI. Will I need winter tires for the rainy winter? Do you find the pp lsd particularly useful than stock traction control? Thinking of doing stage 1 apr as well, does that change the answers? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Welcome!
Do you get much snow? Ice?
If mainly rain then an all season should do.
I have the PP with LSD and does do well in snow but is not a must.
Most FWD cars will do ok.
Get options if you want them and the cost cuts your budget.
I do not have a tune but if I had plans to tune I would get the PP for the brakes and LSD.
You will likely not use a lot but a tune is not required but a want.
So if you want to tune, then do the whole performance package.
Why not?

j3mk7r

Hi folks, I'll be moving to Seattle area in June and looking to buy a GTI. Will I need winter tires for the rainy winter? Do you find the pp lsd particularly useful than stock traction control? Thinking of doing stage 1 apr as well, does that change the answers? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool! I've been in the Seattle area for 11 years now, having moved here from Florida. It gets cool enough here that you should at least switch to an all season tire in the winter. The compounds in summer tires have issues when you start to get into the low 40's. I can't speak to anything WRT to the GTI specifically as I have an R with AWD. If you're looking for a solid APR tuner when you get out here, there is Achtuning in Redmond. I did see what looked to be a Stage 3 White GTI on the 520 yesterday. Maybe they're on these forums as well and can provide some better insight with regard to the GTI. You also should take a look at the VW Vortex forums as they may be a member there and/or other folks might be able to better answer your questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
Very cool! I've been in the Seattle area for 11 years now, having moved here from Florida. It gets cool enough here that you should at least switch to an all season tire in the winter. The compounds in summer tires have issues when you start to get into the low 40's. I can't speak to anything WRT to the GTI specifically as I have an R with AWD. If you're looking for a solid APR tuner when you get out here, there is Achtuning in Redmond. I did see what looked to be a Stage 3 White GTI on the 520 yesterday. Maybe they're on these forums as well and can provide some better insight with regard to the GTI. You also should take a look at the VW Vortex forums as they may be a member there and/or other folks might be able to better answer your questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

thanks guys! ya I plan to go to achtuning. they seem to be the only ones around that can do it so hoping they are reputable.