GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

April Ordering Thread

colham

Ready to race!
Couldn't see one for April so here goes...

Ordered 11th Apr. Paperwork estimate 31st July. Dealer estimate end June/beginning July.

1.4TSI 122PS Match in Night Blue metallic

Options:
17" Singapore alloys
Climate Control
Heat Insulating tinted glass 65%
Paint protection treatment

Order automatically updated (and checked with dealer) to MY2016 so now 125PS with 6.5" infotainment and added the extra Car-Net App Connect option.

Dealer beat carwow price at £18,857 (which included £1250 from VWFS). PCP £186pm after £4k trade in.

Just waiting on a build week.

Jack Summers

Ordered my new GTI around mid April, have no idea when it will be here but can't wait :)

Ordered GTI

Limestone Grey
Performance Pack
19" Santiago Wheels
DSG Gearbox
Discovery Pro
Dynaudio
High Beam Assist

I will try and find out when it arrives today :)

colham

Ready to race!
Moved to Stage 3 today.

Step 3 of 7: Your order has been confirmed for production week commencing [Build Date Un-Available]

Tracker says to contact dealer so waiting on a response to my email.

Isn't it normally 4 weeks from here until it gets built? I'm guessing 6 weeks until I get the car?

stokeballoon

Passed Driver's Ed
I have pushed the button on a LG GTD. Currently running a nearly 3 year old 218ps 125D Beemer (a very usable car!).

I do Fancy a change, and an upgrade in tech.

Options are:

5 Door
DSG
Dis PRO
Advanced Tele
18's,
climate screen
Dynamic chassis control
Dynaudio,
panoramic sunroof,
heated multi function steering wheel (dealer assures me it is available!) I am not sure - we will see!
keyless entry,
rear view camera,
leather,
winter pack
Lane assist with dynamic light assist

Went a touch overboard with the options....... Managed to get a Pretty healthy discount. Need the Diesel due to miles! Circa 500 a week.

One question ...... Ordering to receiving an order number? How long?

Previous cars

2 TTRS
Cayman
Rocco R
Ed 30 golf
Clio 172 full on track car ( cage, on throttles etc)

Got a fair bit of track car experience, in a prominent UK Series. Also VW Retro fit experience, fitted an OEM RVC to my Rocco R when it was 1 week old!

stokeballoon

Passed Driver's Ed
Ps heated steering wheel is off, and pro sat nav and Dynaudio have been combined into tech pack and saved £1000!

colham

Ready to race!
Got a confirmed build week from the dealer. He says week 20, which he says is built from 8th June? Not sure how the build weeks work as he has confirmed that I am getting the newer version (showing 125PS Match) and has been able to add the Car-Net App Connect.

Roll on June!

Shifty6

Ready to race!
I have posted in the march thread as well, but I ordered April 8th, 2015.

2 dr
S trim
White
LP
PP
Manual

I have my commission number.
I have contacted the VW rep, he says no allocation, or build date yet.

Shifty6

Ready to race!
Whao! Update. I have a build week... Week 31. It will be a 2016.

Anyone have any info on 2016 specs or changes? I have asked the VW rep 3 times no reply.

Jack Summers

I got a call the other day to tell me that my car will likely not arrive until around September now :( however it will be a 2016 car apparently which I was told comes with keyless entry, winter pack and the standard nav as standard spec. pretty cool although I have ticked the tech pack I am looking forward to having keyless entry.

Shifty6

Ready to race!
Jack: So you have info on what the 2016 changes are? I think you are in England correct? how did you get the change info?

Blackster

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered my Golf GTI PP 1:april with optional:

* Carbon Steel Gray
* 18" Austin
* Soundsystem Dynaudio
* Leather seats
* Darker window tint from the B pillar rearwards
* Dynamic Chassis Control
* Bi-xenon with LED
* LED Foglight, with static corneringlight
* LED Taillight
* Trailer hitch foldable
* Reversing camera
* Parking sensors front and rear

The car was set for BW23 and was completed on Friday (June 5th), was also informed that the car was a 2016. That was close :p

Last edited:

Jack Summers

@Shifty6
I am in England yes and I believe they said 2016 although I'm not 100%. They told me that keyless entry, standard nav and the winter pack will be standard on it which is cool :)

Shifty6

Ready to race!
@Jack
Yeah, VWoA finally got the 2016 info to us. We get CarPlay and that is it. I was hoping to get the rear view camera as well, but it shall not be. Don't get me wrong CarPlay is going to be pretty cool. I am anxious to play with it a bit.

colham

Ready to race!
Moved to Stage 4 - Build in Progress this morning!

But.....4 weeks still to go....:(

Attachments

• Build in Progress.jpg
    Build in Progress.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,080