GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

CiviclyConverting

Figure you were replying to somebody else since I didn't mention color :)

I did ask a couple of dealers about 2018 models and how that factors into pricing for the outgoing. They weren't too forthcoming but one dealer said that they don't know when they'll actually get the new models in the lot and VW notifies them just a month or so in advance. Seemed like BS to me but what do I know. Anyway, I agree with you, they must be willing to negotiate on the price to meet quotas and what not. I've been getting a lot of calls from other dealerships around the area about discounts they're running. If anybody is in the market, end of May would probably be a good time to buy.

(Yes, and sorry; had thought that pic was of your car) Regardless of if 2018's affected pricing, you got a competitive deal for the Sport trim. Enjoy the new ride buzz.

In the DC area dealers too are not very forthcoming about 2018, understandably I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forcecilia

Passed Driver's Ed
2017 GTI SE DSG

Got my '17 SE manual on Saturday at Stohlman in Tysons Corner for $27,000 OTD. They even matched my CarMax offer on the trade-in, which is a first. Easiest car buying experience I ever had, no BS, super nice people. Came with the monster mats, CarGo tray and blocks, and roadside assistance kit, which is a plus. Also, my sales guy Steven Tyler (not that Steven Tyler) even asked if I wanted the front plate drilled and made doubly sure none of the porters touched the front bumper and directed me to USMillWorks for the tow plate. And I got the color I wanted (Tornado Red).

Only condition is I finance through them, which is no big deal since I could've paid the difference in cash and will pay off the note by late Spring.

I got quoted $28.000 OTD at fairfax vw for GTI SE DSG. Do you think i can go lower?

SpinKix

Passed Driver's Ed
2017 GTI SE, DSG, Pure White, never test driven. Southern California. May 19.
$31,500 out the door with $11,500 down and $500 Partner Program discount.
$368.85 / month, 60 payments with a 3.99% simple interest, no prepayment penalty loan.

I used the VW website to find in-transit vehicles on the way to the dealer, so not test driven.
I called the dealers to get a sales contact to work with and emailed my offer to them.
The first salesman to call me with a match got the deal.
I made sure I had a firm price by having them confirm the acceptance of my offer by email.

MSRP $33,450 included Monster Mats, Splash Guards, Luggage Net, Roadside Assistance Kit.

Cash Price $28,850, $4,650 off sticker which includes $500 Partner Program discount. (Note: So Cal region dealers pay a higher price adjustment than East Coast)

(Price on contract was $27,850 with $995 dealer BS add-ons. See below)

$31,500 out the door, including the $2,242 (8.75%) sales tax.

Financed $20,000 @ 3.99%, $11,500 down.

The higher interest got me a lower price because the dealer gets a commission based on a percentage of the loan.
Doesn't matter to me because I'm paying it off early.

Tricks the dealer tried to pull:

Gap insurance. Why the hell should I pay $650 for gap insurance when I put down $11,500. I called them on it, and they took it off.

BS dealer add-ons:
$399 ShadowMark Anti-Theft Labeling (Useless, does not lower car insurance, and the window stickers get removed to tint windows)
$399 Door edge and door handle scratch guard. (Dealer installed, maybe worth $50)
$197 1yr nitrofill free nitrogen tire fill. (For that I can buy a fill tank kit that would last the life of the car.)

I did not pay for the add-ons.
The price for the car was lowered to $27, 850 to match my offer.

All in all a very pleasant experience once we all knew I wasn't falling for gap insurance.
I probably could have squeezed out another $500-$700 off the price, but I paid a bit more for a car that hadn't been test driven.

Moral of the story.... Research and arrive at the price you're willing to pay BEFORE you shop.

Do the math... know these three numbers: out the door price, down payment and monthly payment.
Anything they try to slip by changes these numbers, so you'll know.

Confirm your offer by email on a yes or no basis BEFORE you go .

They really resist giving a written (emailed) price knowing you'll take it to other dealers to beat it.

Last edited:

bkuu

Passed Driver's Ed
2017 GTI Sport Auto
Price: $25,510.00
Doc fee: $172.15
Tax: $2,457.18 (Illinois)
Title/License: $221.00
Total: $28,360.33

Lowest offer so far locally. Should I pull the trigger? I know i could save at least 1-2K more if I buy out of state but idk if i can make 10+ hour trip or time to fly.

krayziejcs

Passed Driver's Ed
2017 Black GTI Sport DSG

MSRP - $30,235.00
Discounts - ($6972.40)
Vehicle Price - $23,262.60

Taxes (7% FL) - $1,638.40
Tag and Reg - $400.00
Dealer Fee - $699.00
Out the door price - $26,000.00

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I forgot to post in this thread. Bought my 2015 re-release from EPA purgatory Golf Sportwagen TDI S on May 16th:

MSRP: $26,835
VW TDI rebate: -$5,000
Negotiated additional discount: -$3,000
Dealer fee: $299
Tire recycling fee (lolwtf?): $4
Tax, tags and license: $997.99
Credit from trade: -$1,479.00

OTD: $18,656.99

TDI Special Financing Offer taken 0% for 72 months. $259.12 per month.

TDI Extended Warranty (per VW settlement): 11 years, 162,000 miles - covers entire emissions system, entire fuel system, entire EGR system, turbocharger including turbo damper, entire ODB system, engine long block, engine sub-assembly, crankshaft, cylinder head, camshaft, and valve train

My favorite statement in the settlement warranty: "Conflicts concerning the warranty are to be resolved in favor of the consumer." :D

That, my friends, is a judge telling VW to suck it up, buttercup. :D:D:D

Dan GTI

Pretty good deal you are getting. I also purchased my car in FL and heres the deal I got on my Sport GTI. $23, 036.90 + TTL fees. This was back at the end of January. Where in FL are you thinking about purchasing the car from?

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
After searching for about two months, I finally tracked down a gently used 2016 Golf R.

The specs:
2016 Golf R
Lapiz Blue
DCC, Nav, and DAP
6MT
14,900 miles off a lease
Certified Pre-Owned
I negotiated Monster Mats and the Roadside Assistance kit, as well.

I paid $36,350 out the door. That includes 7% tax rate for my county.

I financed through VW Credit at 2.99% with $10,000 down for 48 months.

Last edited:

krayziejcs

Passed Driver's Ed
Does the "Vehicle Price - $23,262.60" include Destination/shipping. If so, that's a great sale price for a Sport DSG! My goodness.

"Dealer Fee - $699.00"! Geez!!

Yea destination was included in there, the $699 dealer was crazy high but I since got a decent deal on everything else I figure I would just go with it. I did try to negotiate it but they wouldn't budge.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
2017 GTI S DSG CSG W/ Monster Mats.

MSRP - $27,835
Vehicle Price - $21,713
Taxes (3% NC) - $672
Tag and Reg - $195
Dealer Fee - $699
Business license tax- $38.. really?
Out the door price - $23,318.01

Last edited:

Nsknick

Ready to race!
I will be picking up a new Pure White 2017 Sport DSG for $23,999 OTD :), picking the car up next month. Super excited to be joining the GTI family! Also a bonus that I'm getting the car for such an amazing deal.