GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance Official Stage 1 & Stage 2 OTS Tune Release for Accessport!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacincm

Ready to race!
So I got an error code finally read and it was a P 0299 which is a turbo underboost. I'm 98% sure that I need a new Diverter valve. Will report back next week.

Did you replace yours with an aftermarket one?

The stock one works fine, replacing it has caused issues more than anything for most users. I feel like a lot of people just mod random parts for the sake of modding.

Tune
Plugs
Intercooler
Exhaust
Tires

Pretty much all the performances mods most people would need on this platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleezyD

Ready to race!
Did you replace yours with an aftermarket one?

The stock one works fine, replacing it has caused issues more than anything for most users. I feel like a lot of people just mod random parts for the sake of modding.

Tune
Plugs
Intercooler
Exhaust
Tires

Pretty much all the performances mods most people would need on this platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, my DV is stock. Everything on my car is stock (engine-wise) except for K&N drop-in and now RS7 spark plugs. However, I have an early model 2015 GTI that I bought in July 2014 and built in march/april 2014, so after doing some research it looks like VW has revised the DV a few times since my car was built.

After doing some research and watching videos and reviews of those with DV issues, it looks exactly like my problem. My car just does not hold boost like it did, no matter what I do. It will drive find in low boost conditions and behaves normal in all cases except when I floor it and boost starts to build. I also dont get any EPC or check engine lights at all if I drive under boost. My only issues are when I start to push it and if I do floor it, its very uneventful and then I start to get weird acceleration issues.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
No, my DV is stock. Everything on my car is stock (engine-wise) except for K&N drop-in and now RS7 spark plugs. However, I have an early model 2015 GTI that I bought in July 2014 and built in march/april 2014, so after doing some research it looks like VW has revised the DV a few times since my car was built.

After doing some research and watching videos and reviews of those with DV issues, it looks exactly like my problem. My car just does not hold boost like it did, no matter what I do. It will drive find in low boost conditions and behaves normal in all cases except when I floor it and boost starts to build. I also dont get any EPC or check engine lights at all if I drive under boost. My only issues are when I start to push it and if I do floor it, its very uneventful and then I start to get weird acceleration issues.
Besides checking the DV, make sure that you check all of your hoses as well. Make sure that they are all properly fastened and that there are no rips/tears in any of the hoses. I remember reading a thread a while back where they had the same symptoms as you. P0299 and no boost. I believe he had APR stage 2 though. In any case, they found a tear in one of the boost hoses. That turned out to be the problem. From looking at the log that you posted, it's definitely not hitting the boost that it should. So once you figure out what the exact issue is, you should be fine.

BleezyD

Ready to race!
So just an update. I went to the dealer and bought a DV, it was the revised version # 06H-145-710-C. My original dv fell apart as I took it out and the middle cap piece fell down under the car behind the motor, so I was robbed of being able to see how bad it was. However, after switching it out and going for a test drive....boost ist back!! Car feels alive and all is well again.

So I did a lot of driving last night in the excitement of having boost again and was able to test out the MAP tune stage 1 91 and the COBB Stage 1 91 tune. My thoughts at this point are the MAP is definitely a top end tune in that it pulls really hard up top and the expense of some torque in the mid range. The COBB OTS Stage 1 tune had more mid range torque but died up top ...much like the stock feel. I am a bit at odds with this because I dont normally rev my car out and drive it hard. I am more in traffic and like the mid range squirt of what the power module gave to me. I am going to keep the MAP S1 91 tune on the car for a few days and see how it goes. It's definitely smoother and an overall better feeling tune over the COBB OTS but its just missing that mid range punch Im used to feeling.

I will do some data logs and see if anyone is able to see what I am talking about.

The consensus of what everyone has been saying is that the MAP should have more power across the whole range but I am not seeing that.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Good to see this revised stage 2 tune coming along so well.

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
So whats the deal?

Stage 3 OTS > Map 2?

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
LMFTFY

Stage 3 OTS < Map 2

Haha.. thanks for verifying. I'm trialing Cobb AP for now. Depending if I like it or not, I will go back to GIAC 2+.

I wouldn't run the stage 3 ots unless you have the supporting mods

Current Mods:

APR intake
ECS Inlet
CTS Downpipe
Magnaflow exhaust catback
CTS Turbo Inlet
Forge BOV
Neuspeed turbo muffler delete
Neuspeed turbo discharge pipe
RS7 Plugs
CTS Throttle Pipe
Forge Twintercooler
BFI Stage 2 Engine Mount
BFI Stage 2 Trans Mount
034 Insert Mount
ST XTA Coilovers
Southbend Stage 3 Endurance Clutch
Wavetrac LSD

I'm more concerned if the tune would support my mods.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Someone with a DSG needs to go to the track and log the trap speeds of the various maps. That is the only real way to get an idea of power vs. others.

I say DSG because the margin of error in shifting with a 6MT has a much wider variance.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Someone with a DSG needs to go to the track and log the trap speeds of the various maps. That is the only real way to get an idea of power vs. others.

I say DSG because the margin of error in shifting with a 6MT has a much wider variance.

Check the "APR, GIAC, Or ED" thread needmorepsi did a track run on his 5150 tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.