GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Main Seal?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Please post if you have any experience with mk7 RMS leaking. I have heard a lot of opinions, but have yet to see anyone have issues on this platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
When I did my 20k service this weekend, I saw my car was a little dirty/dusty at the intersection of the engine and transmission. DSG. Will be keeping an eye on it and taking it in if it develops a full leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
If you search for RMS, real main seal leak, on vwvortex or here, (search threads, not titles, and display posts in advanced search), you'll get a slew of them. There is a reason they make an upgraded replacement part for it!

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
While at the dealer the vast majority of Mk6 TDIs and GTIs has some seepage there. Replaced a few but only if consistent droplets were forming. Like if a car came in, I noted it and cleaned it. I always always cleaned them. Hoping that either myself saw the car the next visit, or a tech who read my notes did. That way we could make the call, yes it's a fast leak, no I wouldn't worry about it. My TDI leaked from 20k onward but never to the point I lost oil at a measurable rate.

VWs.....lol

Tone1

Ready to race!
Mine was replaced yesterday just shy of 38k miles. Wasn't a real bad leak but for the cost with the engine already dropped it was worth the peace of mind.

Edit// FWIW, I've never seen any oil under my car.

Tigsel

Ready to race!
I am wondering the same thing. I'll be doing my clutch soon and am thinking if I should replace my RMS as well while we're in there.

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
Mine is in service being replaced as I write

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
The Mk7's come with a built in catch can. (double oil separator). Are you referring to a mk6 or mk5 issue?