GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GB: NEW H15 LED DRL/HIGH BEAMS + h7rc special pricing. Must see to believe!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
What low beams are on the car in the "after" photo.

What I'm getting at is to figure out if the high-beams themselves are putting out all that light or if the car has a HID/LED Low beams on it too. Since the low-beams stay on when the high-beams turn on, I cannot tell if all the illumination in the after picture is just the High-Beam or if its helped by non-halogen low-beams.

The ones in the photo have regular halogen low beam lights installed.

We have deAutoLED reverse bulbs in all of our cars and they are much brighter than the stock bulbs - heartily recommended!! Just curious if these bulbs illuminate more (and farther!) at night than the stock halogen hi-beams? We do a fair amount of driving on unlit country roads and being able to see farther and clearer would be a boon to us as well as the local wild life! I've looked at other LED options and they seem to be more for looks (color temp) than extended visibility so I'm hoping these are the bulbs I've been waiting for!
TIA

Thank you for the feedback, all of our LEDs can be found here:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-by-car-model-vw-gti-golf-mk7-2015

Yes, we feel the LEDs light up a nice amount on the sides/further, we won't say much more than a halogen as there is a limit to where these high beams will reach but they are brighter and you also have a brighter clean white daytime running light with our h15, the H15 function as both the DRLs and High beams.

Correct - there is currently NO OTHER H15 LED like ours on the market, our h15 adapter is custom made, others will not fit, ours is plug and play, and they are BRIGHT, many models are not worth installing, they will not be bright or trigger errors, ours is 100% error free.

Thanks for the question and allowing us to explain this better.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
We also want to share that these are a simply install:

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
What's the warranty on both kits?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
real customer feedback:

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK TO GET IN ON THIS SALE!

As promised, here is my review of the new deAutoKey H15 replacement bulbs. Before I start, a little background.

My wife and I live in a rural area that's home to a colossal deer population. Strong high beams on any car we own are a must. Before my GTI, I owned a 2006 Mini Cooper S, into which I installed a pair of Osram 65W H7 "Rallye" bulbs. Even though the difference was only 10 watts, the increase in lumens was from ~1600 to 2100. The bulbs made a huge difference, and they've been my standard for comparison ever since. (unfortunately, these bulbs are no longer available)

My original plan was to order a pair of Ed's HID replica lights, and install those same H7 bulbs in them, but when I saw the deAutoKey bulbs hit the forum, I decided it would be worth it to try them out. After all, 80 bucks is a lot better than $480 (plus the new H7s if I found something comparable to the Rallyes).

Installation of the new bulbs wasn't bad, once I realized that they can withstand a bit of manhandling. They have a bundle of braiding connected to them that's used for cooling, and you sort of have to grip them by the braiding to get them twisted into the socket. Once you do, you need to open up the braiding and spread it out so the bulb cools properly.

Before I continue, I need to explain how I came up with the pics below. In the past, I've had problems doing before/after pics at night, because I think that cell phone cameras will adjust to different levels of light, and I think that may affect the before/after results. So this time I took my Canon out and set it on full manual mode. My goal was to get as close to apples to apples as I could. Unfortunately, I still don't think the photos really do the bulbs justice, so I've added some additional ones farther down. Camera settings are above each pic.

Sorry about the blurry pics. I was resting the cam on the dash.

Stock low beams against the garage door. F4.0 @ 1/25th second.

Stock high beams. F4.0 @ 1/25

Stock high beams, country road. F4.0 1/4 sec

Stock high beam (left), deAutoKey LED (right), F4.0, 1/25

Both deAutoKey, F4.0, 1/25

deAutoKey, country road. F4.0 1/4 sec (this looked a lot more impressive in person for some reason)

DRL, deAutoKey (left), stock (right).

Before I go on, I want to point out that the results to the eye were noticeable better than how it looks to the camera. Because of that, I went out and took some cell phone pics. I should probably put the stocks back in and take the same pics, but they were a bit of a pain to install, and it's 1am. If you guys want me to take these same pics with the stockers, I'll do it tomorrow night.

DRLs + Fogs against garage door:

Final thoughts
These bulbs will take some getting used to. They're brighter, but the beam pattern is quite different than stock. You get this faceted effect, for lack of a better term. It's like when you shine a flashlight against a wall, you see darker and lighter areas because of how the reflector facets are. These bulbs have a similar effect, and you can see in the two cellphone pics.

What I like:
- The color (5000k) is perfect for me. I won't buy anything over 5500k because it's too "blue".
- They're definitely brighter.
- The beam spread is fantastic. They have white a wide, tall beam. When you're going downhill, you can see quite a ways up the other side of the upcoming hill.
- The DRL and fog light color are VERY close. When I run my DRLs + fogs (Euro switch), the car looks pretty badass. I used to hate the H15 DRLs because they seemed like such an afterthought. Now I don't mind them at all.
- The DRLs are bright enough to add some extra low beam light.

What I don't totally like:
- The faceted beam pattern will take a while to get used to.

Verdict:
After driving around the backroads for 15 minutes, I think I'm going to like these bulbs, and I really like the price. So, thumbs up from me. If you're thinking about getting a pair, I hope this review helps you out, whichever way you decide to go.

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
a lot of glare from the reflector housing??

There is no glare with the h15 as DRLs or High beams.

Above is an honest customer review who purchased the first batch of the GB, he has no reason to lie and listed pros/cons of this kit.

"- The beam spread is fantastic. They have white a wide, tall beam. When you're going downhill, you can see quite a ways up the other side of the upcoming hill."

Thank you