GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

Mk7Tracker

Just did mine, much better. Clutch feels a little lighter...might rebleed in the morning just to satisfy curiosity.
Note: didn't read every page/post, so I punched the yellow devil out one of the ends. Ended up drilling to make it right. Bottom line....pull it from the top if removal is all you seek.
Thanks for the thread!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I too took care of mine a month or two ago...

Clutch response is very crisp now. It feels like it should feel now with no delay or other weirdness that little valve caused.

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Had my mechanic do it during clutch install all I can say is WOW. Feels like a different car.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

airjor13

Ready to race!

And it's out! Wow feels great, took my sweet time and did it in about an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airjor13

Ready to race!
Just drove around a bit, the lighter clutch effort is great, no more sloppy weird feelings with the CDV. There is no reason not to do this mod if you are 6MT, like everyone here said, whole new car, this is the way it should have came from the factory.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Did this today, thanks to this thread, if I have to do it again, i would drill as others did, either way if great. Thanks to all

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Don't know if this has come up - on my 2017 I had to remove the cutter pin that holds in the valve but and pull the hold but put to get access to the restrictor... not unscrew the valve with a 9mm - that didn't free it up

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Don't know if this has come up - on my 2017 I had to remove the cutter pin that holds in the valve but and pull the hold but put to get access to the restrictor... not unscrew the valve with a 9mm - that didn't free it up

So what I did was , assuming that this is your issue, remove the clip, didn't remove the valve but using leverage I pushed with pliers between the housing and the 9mm nut and it came out with a bit of effort

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
Just removed the restrictor from the GTI, looking forward to checking the TDI and removing it if I find one!
Just puttering around the neighborhood I noticed very little difference but when I got into traffic it really is much improved: I'm a smooth operator again!
Thanks to LeGTI for the write-up and everyone who added the extra tips & helpful hints!

FlyingNugget

Go Kart Newbie
So I just completed the delete.

Backing out of the garage I noticed the difference immediately.

It's hard to explain. The clutch engages sooner, or follows my foot better, or something. 1-2 shifts are smoother. The revs seem to match up better. I think it reduced a bit of rev hang.

I bled the line about 10 times to make sure all air was out.

Side note, I also pulled the snow guard out. Not sure if it made any difference.

Overall the cdv delete is an awesome mod. It made my driving experience more enjoyable, and less frustrating. Both up and downshifts are smother. The clutch just responds better.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Tomorrow's goal is do this and a Sigma6 install. My 6MT experience is going to be a lot different once I'm done.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
So did the delete and it works wonderfully. Clutch pedal now tracks the foot in a more consistent manner.

Now just have to figure out how to better adjust the Sigma6.

Derf

Ready to race!
Is the clutch spring mod in this thread somewhere?