GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Grill Modifications

junginit

Took apart the grill. Did some plasti dip on the silver pieces and a decal at the VW logo.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Helix has a headlamp with a black stripe as well... may be worth checking into? look on OPD... if youre going for the murdered look then youve got it

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Helix has a headlamp with a black stripe as well... may be worth checking into? look on OPD... if youre going for the murdered look then youve got it

Aftermarket headlights don't work on cars that come from the factory with the lighting package. Assume the same holds true for the R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadowTDI84

I'm so glad i came across this with the trick using the cards to hold the tabs. I tried doing this years ago with my '11 and broke so many. Now again with my '15 and not a single one.
Chrome be gone!!

Joel

Ready to race!

I took it apart and wrapped the red stripe with carbon vinyl.

Jas76

It is kind of hard to see. I wrapped the silver strip the other day in gloss black wrap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

sparkyr

Passed Driver's Ed
Without the silver grill stripe I think it it look funny.

I agree. The stock silver line looks best to me, plus it continues the silver lines under the headlights to give it a finished look. It also makes the front of the car look wider with it left on. IMO, play with the VW logo as you please, but I would leave the silver stripe as is.

One of the things I like best about the GTI is its red line, too. Not all agree with me, I know.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
So if I find a golf R grille, I can remove that aluminum strip and hook it up to my GTI grille? What about the aluminum surrounding the VW logo?

Got European Golf R headlights and while the red stripe on the grille alone doesn't bother me too much, id like it aluminum all the way through.